Old 14-12-2004, 11:23 PM
Bret81C

Default Where can I find japanese cherry seeds?

like the trees in Washington DC?
Thanks
Old 15-12-2004, 03:04 AM
Iris Cohen

like the trees in Washington DC?

They are sterile. They don't produce seeds. If you live anywhere (except the
Southwest) in Zone 6 or warmer, just go to a nursery & ask for a 'Kwanzan'
cherry. However, that variety is not especially good for bonsai. If you want
something similar, get 'Hally Jolivette' or one of the species cherries.
Iris,
Central NY, Zone 5a, Sunset Zone 40
"When you come to a fork in the road, take it." Yogi Berra
Old 15-12-2004, 06:56 AM
Theo

The Sakura variety is very nice too whitw pink heavy clusters of doble
petals flowers
I had one 25 years ago and it was easy to find but not anymore
teh blooming period is very short

--
MSN messanger / or ICQ 25 666 169 4
Private Mail :