Old 22-12-2004, 03:07 PM
Jim Lewis

Default [IBC] Happy Holidays

To all my bonsai and Internet friends . . .

Starting Friday we'll be down in St. Pete Beach for 11 days of
"babysitting" a 14-year-old grandson, an 11-year-old grandson,
and a 3-year-old granddaughter while their parents spend the
holidays with friends in Ireland (the Republic).

We leave behind a full-time house-bonsai-horses-cats-elderly
aunt sitter.

I will have I'net access down there, but only via web mail --
which I dislike absolutely -- so I may not be on that often from
Friday through January 4, 200(unbelievably)5.

So please accept my early wishes for a very Happy Holiday and a
wonderful (and wishfully) peaceful New Year. May your trees
grow well and your collections stay manageable wherever you may
be.

Jim Lewis - - Once-upon-a-time list boss

-- The IBC HOME PAGE & FAQ:
http://www.internetbonsaiclub.org/ --
+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++
Old 22-12-2004, 03:48 PM
Richard Patefield

Jim Lewis wrote:

So please accept my early wishes for a very Happy Holiday and a
wonderful (and wishfully) peaceful New Year. May your trees
grow well and your collections stay manageable wherever you may
be.

The same to you Jim, and everyone on the list.

Here in the North of England it is wet. Not too cold though it dips
below 0 some nights.
Some deciduous material still has leaves, including Chinese Elm (Ulmus
parvi.) which is a little surprising but it has been very mild. Some
trees in the garden and landscape are budding. roses in the garden are
still flowering though they are shabby now.

A couple of years ago I visited Kev Bailey in North Wales and he gave me
a lot of material to develop and it is all doing very well. Some is
planted in the garden, hornbeams, cryptomeria, chamaecyparis and five
lovely San Jose junipers which are thickening fast and are already
looking like a windswept forest as they lay out in the border, blue
against the deep green of the dwarf rhodi leaves behind.

Indoors, the ficus are under 110 watt fluorescent in my playroom. I
think this is the only material that can be part of a long term indoor
bonsai display indoors here in the UK. They do however need a lot of
light to develop, so outside in the summer and underlights in the winter
seems the best option for me. I defoliated them in the midsummer and
feed them Chempak 3 (20:20:20 + trace) all year round.

Happy Healthy Holidays Everyone.
Richard

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++
Old 22-12-2004, 04:40 PM
Lynn Boyd

From "once boss" Jim -
Starting Friday we'll be down in St. Pete Beach for 11 days of
"babysitting" a 14-year-old grandson, an 11-year-old grandson,
and a 3-year-old granddaughter while their parents spend the
holidays with friends in Ireland (the Republic).

I think you are going to have a grand holiday - and so are the
grandkids, - one that I think you will never forget! Pack the camera, -
and any calming music you can carry! We'll all be aware of your absence,
once boss, always needed.
Politically incorrect, maybe, but I still say Merry Christmas and
a Happy New Year.
Lynn

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++

Old 23-12-2004, 03:37 PM
Kitsune Miko

For this season, no matter where you are in the world
may the zone you occupy be one of bliss.

Thinking of the diversity of just agricultural zones,
let alone members of this group and their types of
plants, we manage to share information in a loving and
giving atmosphere. May this condition grow, develop
and continue, as do your trees. May your thumbs
always be green.

I never ceases to amaze me how as the seasons shift,
we react as do our plants. That deep down inside,
somewhere on a very primitive level, in this modern
age of technology, the difference between light and
dark matters. I don’t know if those of us with our
fingers in the dirt feel this more strongly than those
who dwell mainly in glass and steel cages, but as I
allow these feelings to slip into my more conscious
level, I feel more alive. I revel in the glory that
is nature.

Blessings upon all of you, your close ones and your
little trees.

Kitsune Miko

=====
****
"Expectations are resentments under construction."

Anne Lamott

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++
Old 23-12-2004, 03:37 PM
Kitsune Miko

[...]

happy, happy, happy David Hare-Scott[_2_] Australia 1 12-01-2010 06:32 AM
Happy Holidays Jerrispond Ponds 8 21-12-2003 08:42 PM
Happy Holidays Steveo Lawns 0 21-12-2003 01:02 AM
Happy birthday to you, happy birthday to you, happy birthday... Reka Orchids 4 05-04-2003 11:32 PM
Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays Allegra Roses 0 23-01-2003 08:22 AM