Old 26-12-2004, 10:51 AM
Lotty

Default serissa foetida - little help please :-)

hi. firstly i'd like to say thank you to everyone who helped me with
my first posting which was about my tree of a thousand stars losing
its leaves, this was really helpful.
I ask for help again as many people suggested using a fluro light as a
means of getting more light to my tree. could anyone suggest what kind
of fluro light etc, are there even different types? any help would be
really useful.
secondly, i am planning to move my tree in the next couple of days but
i have been told that in its fragile state in doing this i might kill
it off! would it not be safe to move the tree into a new home and if
not how will i know when i can?
Thanks for you help!
ps. almost forgot i have the bonsai book 'bonsai survival manual' is
this a good book? could anyone suggest a book that would really help
me look after my serissa?
Old 26-12-2004, 11:22 AM
Theo

the basic has been told you
do not get neurotic about your serissa if you cure ehr too much you
will kill her
where do you live? which country? city? cold or hot zone? all cares
depends upon where you live and changes slightly according to it
sometimes when you move her she loose some leaves sometimes don't
if you have to move her, and outside the temp is -10 celsious
put the plant inside a carton box make a sarch on google and probably
will find an english speaking site about I have whole page on serissa
but in Italian

--
MSN messanger / or ICQ 25 666 169 4
Private Mail :

Old 26-12-2004, 05:02 PM
Alan Walker

Lotty: I don't recall if this was recommended to you already, but
here is a good source of information on Serissa:
http://www.bonsai-bci.com/species/serissa.html
Your book, Bonsai Survival Manual by Colin Lewis, is a
reliable source of information.
I presume that when you mention fluro light that you mean
fluorescent lights. They are just fine for indoor growing. There
are special tubes which will give the natural spectrum of
lighting, but for your purposes the regular bulbs should suffice
and save you money.

Alan Walker

[...]

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++

Old 26-12-2004, 05:52 PM
lotty11

i live in south west england and it can get pretty cold and frosty. at
the moment it keeps frostin over and we are getting a small amount of
snow. Temperatures are falling below 0 degrees C at night and in the
day it is about 8 C mayb a little bit more or less.

Old 26-12-2004, 08:07 PM
Theo

ok I do not know from where you got it
but take to give her some dormancy
no more than 12° celsious between 0 and 12° is ok
mine is outside under just a plastic shelters but no doors just one
wall on the back she already survived roots less to -3 last year

Old 26-12-2004, 08:19 PM
Marty Haber

What about the palm trees in Cornwall? I remember seeing them in Pensance.
I guess they can survive at 0oC.
i live in south west england and it can get pretty cold and frosty. at
the moment it keeps frostin over and we are getting a small amount of
snow. Temperatures are falling below 0 degrees C at night and in the
day it is about 8 C mayb a little bit more or less.

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++

-- The IBC HOME PAGE & FAQ:
http://www.internetbonsaiclub.org/ --
+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++