Old 14-01-2005, 06:06 AM
Nicolas Steenhout

Default [IBC] Search for webmaster

Well, I will be stepping down as webmaster as soon as we've found, and
trained, a suitable replacement.

I have been considering this for a long and hard time. I have been doing
this for nearly 7 years, and the time has come for me to be less involved.
I simply don't have the time, energy, and frankly, enthusiasm, to keep on
leading this effort. I thank those of you who have supported me over the
years, and have recently asked me to reconsider and not give up. Without
the participation of our members, there is no IBC.

I will likely remain involved as a support/reference for the new webmaster.
I will assist with orientation and training. I can remain available with
help on system upgrades, etc.

Some tasks involved include:
- Managing the forums (review potentially offending posts, etc)
- Format articles (will work with new person to explain things, it's really
fairly easy)
- Seek new articles and content
- Keep the systems up to date
- Ensure that links are up to date
- Troubleshoot with members who are having difficulties
- Maintain the ad server/list of sponsors, etc.
- Refresh the look of the site from time to time by creating new templates
for Mambo
- Etc...

The new person should:
- Ideally have been involved with the IBC for a while.
- Have an understanding of Content Management Systems (don't have to know
Mambo, but be able to grasp concepts).
- Have an understanding of HTML.
- Have an understanding of PHP/MySQL (preferred, but not necessary)
- Have time, energy and enthusiasm

If you think you are interested, please contact
to register interest.

Thanks

Nic
IBC Webmaster

-- The IBC HOME PAGE & FAQ:
http://www.internetbonsaiclub.org/ --
+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++
Old 15-01-2005, 12:13 AM
Jim Lewis

On 14 Jan 2005 at 18:57, Nicolas Steenhout wrote:

Well, I will be stepping down as webmaster as soon as we've found, and
trained, a suitable replacement.

You know how big sports programs, big corporate boards (is there
a difference?) all conduct a "nationwide search" for a successor
to the coach/president then hire the owner's kid brother?

Well, we can TRULY say our search will be worldwide! Thanks to
the wonders of the Internet you can do this from anywhere. And
I'm sure that Nic's kid brother (if he has one) isn't
interested.

So if you feel you meet the qualifications Nic set out, and
don't mind the astounding rate of pay we offer ($0.00 per hour
of work!) and the hours (endless as desired) please get in touch
with Nic and see how you mesh. The key word, of course, is
"suitable" and only Nic knows what that is. ;-)

Jim Lewis - - Tallahassee, FL - Bonsaiests
are like genealogists: We know our roots!