Old 14-01-2005, 06:59 PM
Kitsune Miko

Default [IBC] bottom heat question

I have been using manure and sawdust to generate bottm
heat ain my cutting boxes and it seems to work well.
In claning up, I fould an old heating pad and thougth
I could experiment using this as bottom heat.

Questions: What setting (H, M, L)?
Indorros or outdoors?

Kitsune Miko

=====
****
"Expectations are resentments under construction."

Anne Lamott

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++
Old 14-01-2005, 07:47 PM
Jim Lewis

On 14 Jan 2005 at 10:53, Kitsune Miko wrote:

I have been using manure and sawdust to generate bottm
heat ain my cutting boxes and it seems to work well.
In claning up, I fould an old heating pad and thougth
I could experiment using this as bottom heat.

Questions: What setting (H, M, L)?
Indorros or outdoors?

If it is going to get wet, DON'T!!!!!!!!!!

Jim Lewis - - Tallahassee, FL - Nature

-- The IBC HOME PAGE & FAQ:
http://www.internetbonsaiclub.org/ --
+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++
Old 14-01-2005, 10:51 PM
Alan Walker

Depends on how quickly you want to burn down the barn! ;-)

Alan Walker

Old 14-01-2005, 10:51 PM
Alan Walker

Old 15-01-2005, 01:48 PM
Iris Cohen

I found an old heating pad and thought I could experiment using this as
bottom heat.

Please don't give Underwriters' Laboratory a heart attack. Heating pads must
NEVER be left unattended. If you want to use electrical heating, use a soil
heating cable designed for the purpose. I have several that I am not using &
would be glad to bring one when I see you in May.
Iris,
Central NY, Zone 5a, Sunset Zone 40
"A tree never hits an automobile except in self defense." - Woody Allen
Old 15-01-2005, 05:00 PM
Kitsune Miko

Underwriter's has had their heart attack and I have
recessiteted them. I have been a heating pad abuser
all my life and have never burned down the house.

On the propigation sites there are home experimenters
having used old heating pads. The pad I have is the
dry/moist type that is safe to use with a wet spounge.

I intend to work outside, place pad on elevated, non
conductive surface and check it daily. I will ask my
estate to send notice should I fail miserably,
otherwise I will report on the success of the
experiment.

I think the warnings are necessary as there are people
that could invent ways of heating pad abuse that one
never thought of before.

With my current state of unemployment, I don't think I
will make it to DC in May, but thanks. If my
situation changes, I will try to be there.

Kits
--- Iris Cohen wrote:

I found an old heating pad and thought I could
experiment using this as
bottom heat.

Please don't give Underwriters' Laboratory a heart
attack. Heating pads must
NEVER be left unattended. If you want to use
electrical heating, use a soil
heating cable designed for the purpose. I have
several that I am not using &
would be glad to bring one when I see you in May.
Iris,
Central NY, Zone 5a, Sunset Zone 40
"A tree never hits an automobile except in self
defense." - Woody Allen

++++Sponsored, in part, by Boon
Manakitivipart++++

-- The IBC HOME PAGE & FAQ:

http://www.internetbonsaiclub.org/ --
+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail
+++++

=====
****

Old 15-01-2005, 08:08 PM
Jim Lewis

On 15 Jan 2005 at 8:55, Kitsune Miko wrote:

I think the warnings are necessary as there are people
that could invent ways of heating pad abuse that one
never thought of before.

Like bonsai warming? ;-)

Old 16-01-2005, 06:21 AM
Steve wachs

This is strictly my opinion, but I would use low heat , but them i guess it dpends on what you are rooting.
if I was going to apply any heat. i live om LI NY I keep cutting in a greenhouse where temps go to around 40f

--
SteveW
Long Island NY

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++
Old 16-01-2005, 02:30 PM
Thomas Simmons

I bought a waterbed heating pad at a junk store four years ago and have had
success with it. (cost me $3.00) It is water proof and has a great temp.
controller attached.

---

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++