Old 10-02-2005, 07:05 AM
Theo

Hi Jim

Jim Lewis wrote:

SNIP
Use manure via the compost pile or by making "manure tea."

Rodale give this formula for manure tea:

Place one or two shovelfuls of raw manure into permeable bag
(the finer the weave the better). Burlap is good. Tie the bag
closed and place in a barrel or other large container filled
with water. Steep for about a week (2 weeks is OK).

Use full strength as a fertilizer applied alone, like every 2
weeks or so). Or, dilute it and use it when you water your
trees.

$ what a mess what a stink ...
I use rotten egg shells with or 1 albumen albumen mixed in 2
gallons of water

When the mix is mature after two weeks of rottening ,stinks a lot ,
has to be diluted in I dulite 1:10 and give water is excellent

Here's a table (again courtesy of Rodale) showing the NPK
analysis (percentages) of "typical" manures.

Chicken 1.1 - 0.8 - 0.5

this is the very best one to avoid long internodes

Cow 0.6 - 0.2 - 0.5
Duck 0.6 - 1.4 - 0.5
Horse 0.7 - 0.3 - 0.6
Pig 0.5 - 0.3 - 0.5
Rabbit 2.4 - 1.4 - 0.6
Sheep 0.7 - 0.3 - 0.9
Steer 0.7 - 0.3 - 0.4

I have no idea why "steer" is different from "cow" (fertilizer-
wise, I mean.) ;-)

Steer stomach contains more acidity and was in old time used to

make cheese fermantion and was taken from Steers ..

nothing is wasted in nature all is recicled for the next chain and
theh wheel turns

MSN messanger / or ICQ 25 666 169 4
Private Mail :

Old 12-02-2005, 02:54 AM
Ante Busko

I don't know if this goes with the subject but my dad puts fish guts and sometimes squid from fishing in the blender then puts the mulch in between the soil of his plants. After some time his ficus tree is has bloom so much it's unbelievable. Can this be used for our plants?

Tony
Huntington Beach, CA

Old 12-02-2005, 05:13 AM
Theo

Ante Busko wrote:

I don't know if this goes with the subject but my dad puts fish guts and sometimes squid from fishing in the blender then puts the mulch in between the soil of his plants. After some time his ficus tree is has bloom so much it's unbelievable. Can this be used for our plants?

well you can buy fish emulsion processed and the green one that is
not stinking ...
so maybe what your dad does is the same with stink in plus...
rottening proteines is an excellent fertilizer

Tony
Huntington Beach, CA

Old 12-02-2005, 10:26 PM
Ovais

Dear All

can you post some pictures on , how to display Bonsai`s.
I have a back yard which is 24x60 feet with some trees at the back wall, and
want to display/keep Bonsai/potensai for regular maintenance and easy access
and viewing in a neat and presentable manner, mainly for myself.

ovais
Karachi
Pakistan Bonsai So.

Old 12-02-2005, 10:52 PM
Jim Lewis

On 13 Feb 2005 at 3:27, Ovais wrote:

Dear All

can you post some pictures on , how to display Bonsai`s.
I have a back yard which is 24x60 feet with some trees at the back wall, and
want to display/keep Bonsai/potensai for regular maintenance and easy access
and viewing in a neat and presentable manner, mainly for myself.

Well, the list won't allow pictures, but if you ask at the IBC
galleries (get to them via the address below) I'm sure you'll
get responses.

Jim Lewis - - This economy is a wholly
owned subsidiary of the environment. - Gaylord Nelson

++++Sponsored, in part, by Mike Page++++
-- The IBC HOME PAGE & FAQ:
http://www.internetbonsaiclub.org/ --
+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++

Fertilizer chemicals linked to animal developmental woes Bill who putters Edible Gardening 1 13-09-2010 05:30 PM
The Dr Hadwen Trust is the UK's leading medical research charity that funds and promotes exclusively non-animal research techniques to replace animal experiments Cerumen[_3_] United Kingdom 1 23-08-2007 04:57 PM
Animal fertilizer Theo Bonsai 0 08-02-2005 01:12 PM
reverse (inverse) relationship of plant to animal rabbit manure Archimedes Plutonium Plant Science 5 26-04-2003 01:30 PM
OT - Animal tether Glenna Rose Edible Gardening 0 04-04-2003 11:32 AM