Old 18-02-2005, 06:00 PM
Shelly Hurd

Default [IBC] List seems slow

Well, it may be that we are all thinking about what we have to do when the weather changes. Like I said the other day I have a lot of repotting to do (something over 50 trees that my bride and I have to work on). And then there is finding the time. My maples are starting to push already, and I think I'll just go out in this tropical rain were having and have a go at a few today. I usually have to start them first because our spring is so early here. Then I have time to plan on the junipers, pines, redwoods (I'm doing a redwood group this year), buxus, elms, Liquid Ambars, myrtus, oaks, oh my, you get the idea.

Oh Carl, I think a freak frost sent my baobab to that great savannah in the sky. Darn!

Regards to all.
Shelly Hurd - Central CA - Sunset Zone 8-USDA Zone 9

++++Sponsored, in part, by Mike Page++++
-- The IBC HOME PAGE & FAQ:
http://www.internetbonsaiclub.org/ --
+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++

Old 18-02-2005, 06:03 PM
Craig Cowing

On Feb 18, 2005, at 1:05 PM, Shelly Hurd wrote:

Well, it may be that we are all thinking about what we have to do when
the weather changes. snip

That's where I am--just thinking. Repotting won't start for another
month or so. Anita is picking up three bags of Turface this week in
Baltimore. I've got some major repotting to do--collected trees, many
of them large, in wooden boxes. Boxes are still good, but the trees
need root work and many are pot bound. It's a good thing I've got a
big pile of compost!

Craig Cowing
NY
Zone 5b/6a Sunset 37
Regards to all.
Shelly Hurd - Central CA - Sunset Zone 8-USDA Zone 9

+++++

Old 18-02-2005, 06:37 PM
Carl Rosner

Hi Shelly:
That's what I did to my Baobab last March got cot in a cold snap outside.... Well, we tried!!! :0(

Best regards, to you and your bride.

Carl

Shelly Hurd wrote:
Oh Carl, I think a freak frost sent my baobab to that great savannah in the sky. Darn!

Regards to all.
Shelly Hurd - Central CA - Sunset Zone 8-USDA Zone 9

Carl L. Rosner - near Atlantic City zone 6/7

www.carlrosner.com
http://www.yessy.com/arteacher3725
http://rosner.becanz.net

[IBC] Slow List Shelly Hurd Bonsai 0 07-03-2005 03:57 AM
FAQ List - FAQ List - FAQ List cormaic United Kingdom 2 06-11-2003 05:37 PM
Bio-spira seems to be working fine Victor M. Martinez Freshwater Aquaria Plants 36 18-07-2003 10:15 AM
Floating plant seems to be frogbit Phyllis and Jim Hurley Ponds 1 13-07-2003 04:08 AM
[IBC] Full Moon = Slow List John NJ Bonsai 3 20-03-2003 05:56 PM