Old 17-03-2005, 02:51 PM

Default [IBC] Bending Clamp

In a message dated 3/17/05 12:04:00 AM, Alan Walker writes:
Like wire, you leave the clamp on until the trunk stays at the desired
angle or until you notice the clamp is causing disfigurement of the bark,
whichever comes first.

I'm afraid I need a more accurate answer. It was rather tricky to get the
clamp exactly where I wanted it, so I don't want to check it too soon, only to
have to put it on again. I need a ball-park figure of how many months it will
take.
Also, I can't see the bark. It is wrapped in florist's tape to protect it
from the stress. I've learned my lesson from trying to clamp naked trees.
Iris
And on the 8th day God said "OK Murphy, you take it from here."

++++Sponsored, in part, by Gregory Brenden++++

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++
Old 17-03-2005, 08:25 PM
Alan Walker

Iris: I gave you a very accurate answer; it's just not very
precise. To be more precise would be just BS. Six months and two
days? You need to let the tree tell you, not some yokel on the
internet.

Alan Walker

From:
I'm afraid I need a more accurate answer. It was rather
tricky to get the clamp exactly where I wanted it, so I don't
want to check it too soon, only to have to put it on again. I
need a ball-park figure of how many months it will take.
Also, I can't see the bark. It is wrapped in florist's
tape to protect it
from the stress. I've learned my lesson from trying to clamp
naked trees.
Iris
And on the 8th day God said "OK Murphy, you take it from here."

++++Sponsored, in part, by Gregory Brenden++++
-- The IBC HOME PAGE & FAQ:
http://www.internetbonsaiclub.org/ --
+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++