Old 25-04-2005, 07:00 PM
Roberto Alday Delgadillo

Default [IBC] Ginko seedling

Hi,

Some months ago a friend of mine gave some Ginko seed and of course, I
planted. About 2 week ago appeared the first seedling, now I have 8 out 25,
but my question is, how long should I need to wait until I can move them to
a training pot? As a matter of fact, I am thinking to use them on a Yose Ue,
of course I realize that this is going to be in the long future. Just for
you to know, I also have some trees, but as these seeds were a present, I
decided to take the chance. As usual, let me thank you all in advance for
your help.

Best Regards,

Roberto

++++Sponsored, in part, by Edmund Castillo++++

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++

Old 25-04-2005, 11:56 PM
Marty Haber

You may pot them up now; but we would have to know the temperature zone in
which you live in order to say what the next step should be.
Some months ago a friend of mine gave some Ginko seed and of course, I
planted. About 2 week ago appeared the first seedling, now I have 8 out
25,
but my question is, how long should I need to wait until I can move them
a training pot? As a matter of fact, I am thinking to use them on a Yose
Ue,
of course I realize that this is going to be in the long future. Just for
you to know, I also have some trees, but as these seeds were a present, I
decided to take the chance. As usual, let me thank you all in advance for
your help.

Best Regards,

Roberto

++++Sponsored, in part, by Edmund Castillo++++

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++

++++Sponsored, in part, by Edmund Castillo++++
-- The IBC HOME PAGE & FAQ:
http://www.internetbonsaiclub.org/ --
+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++
Old 26-04-2005, 05:11 AM
MartyWeiser

I like to leave seedlings in their original flat for a year and then pot
them up into training pots. They are a bit stronger and you can do more
root work at this time - remove the tap roots along with spreading and
equalizing the radial roots. This has worked well for me with Gingko and a
wide range of others.

Marty

[IBC] Ginko ? Sue Marsh Bonsai 4 04-07-2005 08:41 PM
[IBC] Ginko seed Roberto Alday Delgadillo Bonsai 5 02-10-2004 05:46 PM
[IBC] Ginko seed Roberto Alday Delgadillo Bonsai 0 01-10-2004 09:29 PM
[IBC] Ginko biloba David J. Bockman Bonsai 11 02-01-2004 05:32 AM
how do I stop a ginko tree from fruiting? Jonathan Johnson Gardening 10 02-09-2003 11:33 PM