Old 04-05-2005, 11:47 AM
Carl Rosner

Default [IBC] Alternative Bonsai pot ideas?

Sue:
I have a friend in California, better known for his Grape Bonsai, and I believe it was he that sent me a picture of a Bonsai in a single old "sneaker" (as they used to call them in my day! He also made a small Golf course on a flat roofing shingle (of course with a tree)

Sue Marsh wrote:
I'm curious as to what other people have planted bonsai in besides regular
pots. For instance, I've got a few pre-bonsais growing in a shot glass, a
mug, a dog dish (plastic with holes drilled in the bottom), and a whelk
shell (it's cracked so it drains well). A few days ago a friend of mine and
I were eating lunch at a mexican restaurant and I remarked that the salsa
bowls would be cool bonsai pots... later that same and I was at the dollar
store and lo and behold I found a twin pack of similar dishes! Conned said
friend into drilling holes in the bottoms (by giving him two) and viola...
bonsai pots! What else have you guys and gals used over the years to either
grow out cuttings or put bonsai in? I love the "off the wall" stuff myself
.
Susan L. Marsh
www.susanszoocrew.com

Carl L. Rosner - near Atlantic City zone 6/7

www.carlrosner.com
http://www.yessy.com/arteacher3725
http://rosner.becanz.net

++++Sponsored, in part, by Sue Crabtree++++

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++
Old 04-05-2005, 02:10 PM
Isom, Jeff , EM, PTL

plastic colanders