Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 25-06-2005, 04:47 PM
Sue Marsh

Default [IBC] Variegated question

Anybody tried bonsai with variegated plants? Specifically I've got a few
variegated Portulcaria afra' cuttings I got at Home Depot. I've been
subsequently told variegated plants have a tougher time as bonsai as the
lack of chlorophyll makes life tough enough for them, and that the reduced
leaf surface of bonsai makes it even harder. Makes sense, and these guys
don' get to be in full sun like their brethern. Thoughts?

PS Home Depot has no clue how to take care of Portulcarias! They are with
the cacti, which is true, but man they needed water... they don't quite do
as well completely dried and shriveled like the cacti!

http://search.msn.click-url.com/go/o...ave/direct/01/

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++