Old 30-06-2005, 04:25 PM

Default [IBC] Chase Rosade

I got a brief email from a person attending the Bonsai Societies of Florida convention in Port Canaveral, FL that bonsai artist, Chase Rosade from New Hope, PA was in a serious accident. This info came because he was supposed to be a headliner at the convention.

Anyone have info on Chase?

Tom Zane
Daytona Beach, FL

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++
Old 30-06-2005, 04:29 PM
John Romano

Yes, I have a little info that Bill Valavanis forwarded to me.

Yesterday Chase was on his tractor down in the field, as he made a

turn to come up the tractor slipped, turned on its side. Chase
managed to drag himself from down under. A neighbor that was fixing a
roof heard him, came on his own tractor and was able to help him by
calling 911 and up here to the house. The pain was excruciating but he
was conscious at all times He was rushed in an ambulance to St.

Mary?s Trauma Center. A couple of hours later he was flown on a
helicopter-ambulance to Philadelphia, Hahhenmann Hospital. The
doctors explained that he has a severe pelvic fracture, opened as a
book, a acetabulum fracture, the cup-shaped socket of the hipbone into
which the head of the thighbone fits and some bleeding near the

kidneys. He is in the intensive care unit, waiting to have surgery
this morning.
Our prayers are with him and Soli.

John Romano
Rhode Island, USA

I got a brief email from a person attending the Bonsai Societies of
Florida
convention in Port Canaveral, FL that bonsai artist, Chase Rosade from
New Hope,
PA was in a serious accident. This info came because he was supposed to
be a
headliner at the convention.

Anyone have info on Chase?

Tom Zane
Daytona Beach, FL

-- The IBC HOME PAGE & FAQ:
http://www.internetbonsaiclub.org/
--
+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail
+++++

Old 30-06-2005, 07:20 PM
John Quinn

As an anesthesiologist at a Level 1 trauma center, I can say those (open
book pelvic fracture, acetabular fracture and internal bleeding) are very
serious injuries, potentially life threatening. Will keep Chase and Soli in my
thoughts and prayers...
John Quinn

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++

Old 30-06-2005, 07:39 PM
John Quinn

I just spoke with Soli...Chase is now in surgery, which is expected to last
8-10 hours. I assured her all our best thoughts were with them.
John

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++

[IBC] FW: Chase Pauline Muth Bonsai 0 18-07-2005 04:13 AM
[IBC] FW: Latest on Chase Pauline Muth Bonsai 0 11-07-2005 08:39 PM
[IBC] Chase Rosade Bob Nieass Bonsai 1 10-07-2005 04:04 AM
[IBC] FW: Chase Rosade Pauline Muth Bonsai 1 03-07-2005 09:23 AM
[IBC] Nature's Way v Rosade Corcoran. Bil Bonsai 2 24-04-2003 04:08 PM