Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-07-2005, 09:17 AM
Registered User

Default Ok yes im new, now dont shoot me

Many years ago when I was very young I decided I had to have a bonsai and with my first Months wage packet I went and purchased 6 or 7 bonsai trees and after a few weeks there was nothing left. I was young and had no idea and now im old and have no idea but want to try to get into keeping bonsai now that im alot more responsible and the first thing to do is find a decent forum so I can discuss issues, questions, problems with people who know what im talking about.

Is it best to buy some seeds and start from scratch, or should I purchase nursery trees that are apparently 8 years old? Ive heard Elm is the best for beginners, is this correct, should that be my choice?

Im in the UK down south coast if that makes any difference to my choices.

Thanks for looking and remember everyone has to start somewhere.

cheers