Old 09-03-2003, 03:59 PM
Jim Lewis

Default [IBC] blah!

Since February 22, I have recorded 17.45 inches of rain in the
gage in front of my house, 4 of them in the last 24 hours. The
"official" weather measurement for Tallahassee (about 25 miles to
the south of me) is 9.8 inches. We have had TWO days without
rain in that period -- TWO! We've probably seen the sun for a
total of 20 minutes. Two of the three roads to my place are
under water. My driveway is impassable up the hill to the house.
The barn is flooded.

Add to that a gravely ill 91-year-old mother and this spring has
been a real bummer.

AAARRRRGGGGHHHH!

But I've managed to get all my spring repotting done, though some
of the newly trimmed roots have remained a bit soggy since
:-( and there's lots of pots sitting at a severe tilt.

As I write this, there's MORE thunder rumbling to our west where
all this precip is coming from.

Maybe -- maybe -- I'll make it to our club meetings this
afternoon, or maybe I'll stay home and eat worms!

Jim Lewis - - Tallahassee, FL - Venting
helps. For a minute ;-)

-- The IBC HOME PAGE & FAQ:
http://www.internetbonsaiclub.org/ --
+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++
Old 09-03-2003, 07:00 PM
Craig Cowing

Jim Lewis wrote:

Since February 22, I have recorded 17.45 inches of rain in the
gage in front of my house, 4 of them in the last 24 hours. The
"official" weather measurement for Tallahassee (about 25 miles to
the south of me) is 9.8 inches. We have had TWO days without
rain in that period -- TWO! We've probably seen the sun for a
total of 20 minutes. Two of the three roads to my place are
under water. My driveway is impassable up the hill to the house.
The barn is flooded.

Just be thankful you're not in an area that gets snow. Up here, that much moisture
would translate into 17.45 FEET of snow.

Add to that a gravely ill 91-year-old mother and this spring has
been a real bummer.

Definitely a bummer. Not good at all.

snip

Maybe -- maybe -- I'll make it to our club meetings this
afternoon, or maybe I'll stay home and eat worms!

How about nematodes instead? ;0)

Jim Lewis - - Tallahassee, FL - Venting
helps. For a minute ;-)

Craig Cowing
NY
Zone 5b/6a
Professional ventee

Old 09-03-2003, 10:21 PM
Jim Lewis

Jim Lewis wrote:

Since February 22, I have recorded 17.45 inches of rain in

the
gage in front of my house, 4 of them in the last 24 hours.

The
"official" weather measurement for Tallahassee (about 25

miles to
the south of me) is 9.8 inches. We have had TWO days without
rain in that period -- TWO! We've probably seen the sun for

total of 20 minutes. Two of the three roads to my place are
under water. My driveway is impassable up the hill to the

house.
The barn is flooded.

Just be thankful you're not in an area that gets snow. Up

here, that much moisture
would translate into 17.45 FEET of snow.

Oh, I am thankful. If we got snow, I'd be somewhere else!

Maybe it only takes the right kind of complaint (or whiney-ness)
but there's actually a bit of blue showing in the sky this
evening and tomorrow's rain likelihood is 20%. The squeaky wheel
.. . . ?

David Thoreau - Walden

-- The IBC HOME PAGE & FAQ:
http://www.internetbonsaiclub.org/ --
+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++

Harvested first tomato- blah! Higgs Boson Gardening 7 29-06-2011 06:19 PM
OT/ Blah, blah, blah.. the Knowledge diatribe (I have to feed the zealot, sorry) DonnaB shallotpeel Ponds 0 25-12-2007 07:03 PM
Great Garden Website - blah, blah, blah!!! Cereus-validus Gardening 6 23-02-2004 01:14 PM
depressed-blah ed Roses 3 14-12-2003 07:02 PM
[IBC] Blah 2 (was: [IBC] the list is quiet) Jim Lewis Bonsai 0 19-03-2003 01:56 PM