Old 02-08-2005, 03:18 AM
J Golden

Default Squirrels are eating my corn :-(

I planted corn this year and got one ear that was REALLY DELICIOUS..
Then the squirrels attacked the plants. I tried using Pepper Spray but
they didn't seem to care. Any ideas as to how I might salvage my corn
before they get destroyed?

Thanks.

Jose
Old 02-08-2005, 05:16 PM
Alternate Identity

In article ,
J Golden wrote:

I planted corn this year and got one ear that was REALLY DELICIOUS..
Then the squirrels attacked the plants. I tried using Pepper Spray but
they didn't seem to care. Any ideas as to how I might salvage my corn
before they get destroyed?

Thanks.

Jose

Chicken wire......

or shoot the damned squirrels!

They will also eat rat poison but that takes 5 days to kill them.
Old 02-08-2005, 05:38 PM
~patches~

J Golden wrote:

I planted corn this year and got one ear that was REALLY DELICIOUS..
Then the squirrels attacked the plants. I tried using Pepper Spray but
they didn't seem to care. Any ideas as to how I might salvage my corn
before they get destroyed?

Thanks.

Jose

I don't grow corn but I've had good luck with a motion actived sprayer
in the garden. We have electronic mice chasers in the house that also
seem to be pretty effective at squirrel control. Ever since we put them
in we've had no squirrels. You could always bait and live trap. Catch
one then hang his hide near your corn as a warning to the other squirrel
Old 03-08-2005, 01:48 AM

MMMM!!!! Corn fed squirrel!!!!