Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-09-2005, 05:31 AM
FDR

Default Katrina killed my crop!

Here in central NY, the remnants of hurricane Katrina came through and
dumped a lot of rain last week. Within a day or so all my red tomatos on
the vine cracked wide pen (nearly exploded) because of the extra water. I
guess I wasn't watering enough prior to that. Anyway, looks like this
season was a bust, as it took forever to get ripe ones, and then what was
ripe was done in. Tomorrow I pull all the vines!

Winter comes, Katrina passes and rec.ponds begins to snooze Phyllis and Jim Hurley Ponds 7 28-10-2005 03:02 PM
What are YOU doing for the victims of Katrina? chaz Gardening 91 19-09-2005 03:12 PM
Katrina madgardener Gardening 60 05-09-2005 10:51 AM
What are YOU doing for the victims of Katrina? chaz Orchids 4 03-09-2005 03:13 AM
Dwarf Lilac - seem to have killed it? Rosie United Kingdom 3 26-11-2002 12:50 AM