Old 28-02-2006, 01:16 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Seth

Default Watering Tomatoes

Well I posted a question here about a month ago about growing tomatoes
from seed. I think that I am doing a good job. I had them in a
parkseed biodome, even though most of the time the dome was off. After
it was apparent that they were not getting enough light I but them in
our less used bath and switch out the bulbs with plant ones. That has
been pretty good but the tomatoes were getting "leggy" and falling
over so this weekend I replanted them in 2-liter/3-liter bottles, I
could not get all 3-liters. They are setup in the bathroom again and
I have watered them once on saturday.

My question is: At this stage in their growth, how much should I water
them and how often?

I have some pictures and more information on my
a href="http://jerdking.blogspot.com/ "Blog/a
Please give me your thoughts.

Thanks

Old 03-03-2006, 12:04 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible
AgMan

Has anyone tried one of the traveling sprinklers that is of the hose
reel type. I am looking at the Rapid Rain Model 860 by Mobile
Irrigation Technologies. I saw it at http://www.rapidrain.com and am
comparing it to Microrain. Seems to be a much better bang for the buck
and its made here in the ole US of A

Old 05-03-2006, 05:48 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
James

Too many variable to give a specific answer. Once a week is probably
enough. I assume you made drainage holes. Don't want those babies to
rot. Letting them almost dry will encourge more root growth.

You might want to give them natural light during the day since you only
have a few. I don't know if the lights in your bath are strong enough
unless they are just inches above your plants.

I wouldn't fertilize right now. It might result in weak grow unless
you're getting strong sun light.

Watering Tomatoes Norman Australia 4 06-12-2004 01:15 PM
watering tomatoes wit THURSTON ACKERMAN Gardening 0 08-08-2004 11:28 PM
watering tomatoes with plastic bottles gregpresley Gardening 7 07-08-2004 04:08 PM
Self-Watering Tomatoes Barbara B United Kingdom 0 03-06-2004 12:08 PM
Drip Watering Tomatoes Fat Freddy Edible Gardening 9 27-05-2003 05:56 AM