Old 08-05-2006, 01:52 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Matthew

Default Source for good yellow alpine strawberry seeds

Hello:

Does anyone know of a reliable source for yellow alpine strawberry
seeds?

Thank You

Matthew Harelick

Old 09-05-2006, 05:44 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible
sherwindu

Thompson and Morgan. I bought this variety from them this year and have grown
them under lights earlier this year. Now they are about 3 inches high and look
very
healthy.

Sherwin D.

Old 09-05-2006, 08:33 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Dianna Visek

Is yellow better than red?

Thanks Dianna

Matthew wrote:

Hello:

Does anyone know of a reliable source for yellow alpine strawberry
seeds?

Thank You

Matthew Harelick

To reply, please remove "fluff" from my address.
Old 10-05-2006, 05:34 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Matthew

Yellow alpine strawberries are different in various aspects. They
propagate from seed rather than runners. They taste like pineapple.
Birds are not as interested in them as in the red ones. The plants
make a good cover.

Mostly I am interested in them because they sound interesting.

Matthew

Old 10-05-2006, 05:36 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Matthew

Hi:

It seems that Thompson and Morgan will only ship fruit seeds to the UK
and I am in the US.

Old 10-05-2006, 07:14 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible
sherwindu

How do you explain the yellow alpine seeds they shipped to me here in Illinois
about
two months ago?

Sherwin D.

Old 10-05-2006, 03:10 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Butzmark

Matthew wrote:

Hi:

It seems that Thompson and Morgan will only ship fruit seeds to the UK
and I am in the US.

Pinetree Garden Seeds, here in the states has them.

Old 11-05-2006, 06:10 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible
sherwindu

I have bought seeds from Pinetree, but I think the ones from Thompson and Morgan
are higher quality, although probably a bit more expensive. T & M is a USA
company, who happens to sell seeds from Europe (mostly England). Their 2006
catalog shows a red Mignonette, which I find very tasty. They can be found
at www.thompson-morgan.com where they are showing a packet of 320 seeds for
$1.52, on sale this week only.

Sherwin D.

Old 13-05-2006, 05:54 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Matthew

Hello Sherwin:

The only Fruit offerings I see on their page says UK only.

Can you give me a precise URL to their strawberry seeds ?

Matthew Harelick