Old 21-05-2006, 11:45 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible
AndyS

Default Ever seen a rabbit do this?

Salmon Egg wrote:

Unless you eat only fruits, you are killing plants such as lettuce when you
eat them. I am not a PETA person, but why are plants any less alive than
animals?

Andy asks:

For that matter, what about the fragile lives of viruses and bacteria
?
Are they less alive that larger entities , such as ourselves, and wooly
mastodons, and aardvarks ?

Do we have the right to take drugs when we are ill and kill the
millions of germs that also have the gift of life ?

Too deep for me to ponder. I'm getting another beer and look up
the words to "I'll Take You Home Again, Kathleen" one more time.......

Andy in Eureka, Texas

Old 21-05-2006, 04:03 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible,alt.pets.rabbits
James

Now this is interesting.

Kenneth D. Schillinger wrote:
So there I was, thinking I was in good shape with my new fence around the
garden. It's 6' tall and graduated mesh starting small at the bottom and
getting bigger as it goes up. I looked in the garden and saw a rabbit which
had me wondering how in the heck it got in. I watched a while, and it went
to the fence, stood on it's hind legs and put it's front legs on the wire.
The rabbit then proceeded to climb about a foot and a half or so higher and
exit through the mesh where it was larger. I honestly had never seen or
heard of a rabbit climbing a fence, and it took me totally by surprise.
Has anyone else seen this happen?
Ken.

I've only seen my rabbit put his front legs on low tree branches to get
to the choice twigs and leaves. Who knows. Maybe he'll learn to climb
once all the easy to get to food is gone.

Old 21-05-2006, 11:36 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible,alt.pets.rabbits
Nikki

Never seen it but would not doubt it either, bunnies have a way of suprising
you all the time
Nik

ups.com...

Old 22-05-2006, 12:29 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible,alt.pets.rabbits
Lagomorpheus

That is a good story and it matches with the behavior of my Sedgewick,
a "wild" cottontail with a bad leg that lives with me in my apartment.
If there is something she wants to explore, height is not an issue. She
will climb or scale to get where she wants to and can get to places you
would think only a cat could reach!

Marie

Old 24-05-2006, 12:48 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible,alt.pets.rabbits
Michael Bernardoni

Our Bun is a climber. She can climb anything. NOT KIDDING!!!
Mike

Old 25-05-2006, 04:43 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible,alt.pets.rabbits
Rie

Ahem. Yes. Jackson did that A LOT when he was a wee kit. I had some
pics but those are long gone now of it. I was pretty sure I posted it
on the forums about 6 years back but it does happen. (Of course...I
neglected to tell Jackson he was a bunny.)