Old 09-08-2006, 09:05 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible

Default Paper Sacks in UK

Hi,

I live in Sussex UK. I am looking for some paper sacks for storage.

Any idea where I can get them? Tried garden centres and DIY places to
no avail.

Thanks
Steve
Old 09-08-2006, 03:45 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible

In article ,
Steve Newport wrote:

Hi,

I live in Sussex UK. I am looking for some paper sacks for storage.

Any idea where I can get them? Tried garden centres and DIY places to
no avail.

Thanks
Steve

What kind of paper sacks?

What sizes?
--
Peace!
Om

-- Jack Nicholson
Old 09-08-2006, 08:07 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible

On Wed, 09 Aug 2006 09:45:20 -0500, OmManiPadmeOmelet
wrote:

In article ,
Steve Newport wrote:

Hi,

I live in Sussex UK. I am looking for some paper sacks for storage.

Any idea where I can get them? Tried garden centres and DIY places to
no avail.

Thanks
Steve

What kind of paper sacks?

What sizes?

Just big enough for potatoes (from our traditional lines not
containers!)
Old 09-08-2006, 08:34 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible

In article ,
Steve Newport wrote:

On Wed, 09 Aug 2006 09:45:20 -0500, OmManiPadmeOmelet
wrote:

In article ,
Steve Newport wrote:

Hi,

I live in Sussex UK. I am looking for some paper sacks for storage.

Any idea where I can get them? Tried garden centres and DIY places to
no avail.

Thanks
Steve

What kind of paper sacks?

What sizes?

Just big enough for potatoes (from our traditional lines not
containers!)

Have you tried a feed store?
They often recycle paper sacks... I toss 50 lb. triple paper sacks when
I buy feed for my one pet emu. I could mail you some for the shipping?

Not sure what it'd be, but the e-mail address is legit.
I could also just send you single layer grocery store paper sacks?

Have you considered burlap?
--
Peace!
Om

-- Jack Nicholson
Old 10-08-2006, 09:49 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible

On Wed, 09 Aug 2006 14:34:57 -0500, OmManiPadmeOmelet
wrote:

In article ,
Steve Newport wrote:

On Wed, 09 Aug 2006 09:45:20 -0500, OmManiPadmeOmelet
wrote:

In article ,
Steve Newport wrote:

Hi,

I live in Sussex UK. I am looking for some paper sacks for storage.

Any idea where I can get them? Tried garden centres and DIY places to
no avail.

Thanks
Steve

What kind of paper sacks?

What sizes?

Just big enough for potatoes (from our traditional lines not
containers!)

Have you tried a feed store?
They often recycle paper sacks... I toss 50 lb. triple paper sacks when
I buy feed for my one pet emu. I could mail you some for the shipping?

Not sure what it'd be, but the e-mail address is legit.
I could also just send you single layer grocery store paper sacks?

Have you considered burlap?

Thanks. I'll try out the feed people first. If no luck I'll come back
to you if thats OK.

Old 10-08-2006, 03:10 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible

In article ,
Steve Newport wrote:

On Wed, 09 Aug 2006 14:34:57 -0500, OmManiPadmeOmelet
wrote:

In article ,
Steve Newport wrote:

On Wed, 09 Aug 2006 09:45:20 -0500, OmManiPadmeOmelet
wrote:

In article ,
Steve Newport wrote:

[...]

Whatever works for you sir. :-)

I need to purchase feed shortly here so I can save you sacks in a clean
spot. There would only be may be 1/2 dozen.

I'm betting tho' that if you have a local feed store, they can at least
refer you to customers that would otherwise just toss them!

Those triple layer feed sacks can be useful. I've used them to store and
process composted leaves and send soil from the henyard home with
friends that wanted it!
--
Peace!
Om

-- Jack Nicholson

potatos in sacks zibafu Edible Gardening 0 09-05-2013 10:51 AM
"Gunny" sacks Steve B[_7_] Edible Gardening 1 02-04-2013 10:48 PM
Paper or Plastic FDR Edible Gardening 4 30-03-2003 02:32 AM
graph paper Oriole Edible Gardening 2 27-03-2003 04:44 PM
questions about paper companies Ed alt.forestry 6 16-12-2002 03:40 PM