Old 02-05-2007, 10:39 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible,rec.gardens

Default Heating Seeds On Fridge?

In article , Persephone
wrote:

Unleashed, I could froth on for infinite bytes.

Another name for fascism is "privatizing" the public sector, also called
privatizing the profit and socializing the cost.

Why are so many Mexicans coming to work in the US? Look at the farm
subsidies
http://www.ewg.org/farm/top_recips.p...=total&yr=2005
our subsidized corn is cheaper than they can grow it. They have to do
something to feed their families. Adios Chiapas, Buenas dias Rio Grand.
It kind of reminds me of the enclosure acts in Europe
http://everything2.com/index.pl?node_id=1267456 , when the peasants were
kicked off the common lands, where they could raise food and, were
forced into the cities to become cheap labor.

It's not just foreigners coming here and taking American jobs it's also
Americans choosing to send work out of the country to foreign workers.
What's the difference?

The average CEO gets 600 times the salary of the worker?

I'm so frothed out, I can't even spit.

But I digress . . .

I still don't need to replace my driveway or septic line.

Everything seems to be germinating in slow motion. I've already planned
out the next tray to germinate. Actually, I do two at a time and just
rotate them in and out every 12 hours. But it appears that the plants
benefit from being under the lights even after they have sprouted. I
hope I can wait until I have substantial leaves on the trays I'm doing
now because they are the heart of the garden, peppers and tomatoes.
Ihave some zuchs and cucumbers that avoided my faux pas with the earlier
germination trays when I fried most of my original seedling by leaving
their trays in the sun for three hours with the tops on. Had a gentle
rain last night, two days ahead of the weather-guessers estimate, so I
won't need to water today.

- Bill
Cloribus gustibus non disputatum (mostly)
Old 03-05-2007, 05:32 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible,rec.gardens

On Apr 29, 10:55 pm, Usenet2...@THE-
DOMAIN-IN.SIG wrote:
I have been procrastinating about starting from seeds. But there
is no time like the present. Especially inspired by the recent
thread about it.

Anyway, I have seen some people talk about heating pads. But,
would it work OK to just put the the seed tray on top of the
refrigerator?

It is getting towards winter here, in another month. And I only
heat the room where I am personally located. It can get rather
cold in the kitchen at night.

Note that, my local climate is OK for spinach, broccoli, etc, to
go outside during winter. They just grow slow.

Thanks...

--
Get Credit Where Credit Is Duehttp://www.cardreport.com/
Credit Tools, Reference, and Forum

It never occurred to me to use the top of the refrigerator! The cat
used to like it up there when it could get up that high in his younger
years. A great idea for us to try next season. In the sunny south we
are already out in the field and greenhouse with most plants. temps
in the high 80s today.

my first post to this group.
I am really glad I found you!

Thanks for a TON of ideas.