Old 29-05-2007, 04:24 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible

Default kids in the garden

Here's one for all you gardeners:

A lighter story with no chemicals involved!!

Had the kids out in the garden with me this morning. As we were re-planting, watering, and trying to salvage what damage had been done by the goats, I was explaining to my 2yr old how the garden would grow all his favorite things to eat. He loves salad, cukes, tomatos, peppers (of any flavor!), watermelons, and most of things kids these days hate to eat. I guess I used the wrong words saying that it would grow ALL his favorite things, and he quickly picked up on that. I should have said all his favorite veggies & some of his fav fruits. Next thing I know he was asking me if he could grow some fried chicken, french fries, pretzels, chips, pickles, and pizza too. I explained that I would make pickles from the cukes, and french fries & chips could be made from the potatos. Then told him about the fried chicken and the chickens in the yard. But could not make him understand about the pizza. Told him that mommy would use the tomatos to make the pizza sauce, but that the pepperoni, crust & cheese just couldn't be grown in the garden. He's still determined that he's gonna grow a pizza...............oh well, there is only so much you can explain to a 2yr old I guess. At least nothing else was said about the pretzels.

Old 29-05-2007, 08:50 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible

On Tue, 29 May 2007 11:24:33 -0400, Rachael Simpson wrote:

Here's one for all you gardeners:

A lighter story with no chemicals involved!!

Please don't post in HTML, Usenet is text only.

Old 29-05-2007, 09:44 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible

wrote:

[...]

Two pointless posts (not yours Rachael). Am I missing something or are
you?

- Bill

Old 29-05-2007, 09:45 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible

In article ,
General Schvantzkoph wrote:

Please don't post in HTML, Usenet is text only.

"?"
Make that 5 pointless posts.
- Bill
Old 29-05-2007, 09:55 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible

ok,
i was starting to think i was the one missing something here.......how did
my innocent post become this. not sure what's going on here. did i
unknowingly do something wrong?
lost on this now
but not blonde.............lol

Old 30-05-2007, 06:05 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible

"General Schvantzkoph" wrote in message
news
On Tue, 29 May 2007 11:24:33 -0400, Rachael Simpson wrote:

Here's one for all you gardeners:

A lighter story with no chemicals involved!!

Please don't post in HTML, Usenet is text only.

One better. Please don't post in text. The general can't read it.
Dave

Old 30-05-2007, 06:06 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible

wrote:

[...]

I see your point. But, has nothing to do with the original post in any
manner.
Dave

Old 30-05-2007, 06:09 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible

[...]

----------------------------------

Gracious. At least you did not volunteer the young person where baby goats
come from.

Dave

Old 30-05-2007, 05:55 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible

In article k.net,
"Dave" wrote:

A lighter story with no chemicals involved!!

I think I'll get me some chemicals now, if it all the same to you.
- Bill
Coloribus gustibus non disputatum (make it a double)