Old 29-05-2007, 08:57 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible

Default kids in the garden

Sorry - I didn't know you couldn't use HTML - I connect to the newsgroups
thru intrstar.net, i didn't know about the "usenet rules" so to speak.

Please don't post in HTML, Usenet is text only.
original post:

Here's one for all you gardeners:

A lighter story with no chemicals involved!!

Had the kids out in the garden with me this morning. As we were
re-planting, watering, and trying to salvage what damage had been done by
the goats, I was explaining to my 2yr old how the garden would grow all his
favorite things to eat. He loves salad, cukes, tomatos, peppers (of any
flavor!), watermelons, and most of things kids these days hate to eat. I
guess I used the wrong words saying that it would grow ALL his favorite
things, and he quickly picked up on that. I should have said all his
favorite veggies & some of his fav fruits. Next thing I know he was asking
me if he could grow some fried chicken, french fries, pretzels, chips,
pickles, and pizza too. I explained that I would make pickles from the
cukes, and french fries & chips could be made from the potatos. Then told
him about the fried chicken and the chickens in the yard. But could not
make him understand about the pizza. Told him that mommy would use the
tomatos to make the pizza sauce, but that the pepperoni, crust & cheese just
couldn't be grown in the garden. He's still determined that he's gonna grow
a pizza...............oh well, there is only so much you can explain to a
2yr old I guess. At least nothing else was said about the pretzels.

Old 29-05-2007, 10:02 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible

In article ,
"Rachael Simpson" wrote:

original post:

Here's one for all you gardeners:

A lighter story with no chemicals involved!!

Both look good to me. No sign of HTML coding in either.
Make that 6 unneccessary posts.
- Bill

"sex" with your tomatoes?
Old 29-05-2007, 10:10 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible

Default one more unneccessary post

ok - thanks bill,
i will quit posting to this now. sorry for the disturbance & aggravation!
Rae

Old 29-05-2007, 10:18 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible

In article ,
"Rachael Simpson" wrote:

ok - thanks bill,
i will quit posting to this now. sorry for the disturbance & aggravation!
Rae

Both look good to me. No sign of HTML coding in either.
Make that 6 unneccessary posts.
- Bill

No disturbance or aggravation. I was just scrathin' my head trying to
figure out what I was missing. Sometimes the jokes are small, so I was
looking as hard as I could and thought to myself, no joke can be this
small. Glad to know it was just a tempest in a tea cup.

- Bill
Old 29-05-2007, 11:22 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible

On Tue, 29 May 2007 17:10:48 -0400, "Rachael Simpson"
wrote:

ok - thanks bill,
i will quit posting to this now. sorry for the disturbance & aggravation!
Rae

Both look good to me. No sign of HTML coding in either.
Make that 6 unneccessary posts.
- Bill

Hey Rachael,

Ya' gotta give Bill a little thought. He's kinda...old. Some of his
musings and comments are a little obtuse and/or cryptic.

All in all, he's a goodun.

Just be Careful and Don't Use Chemical Poison in the Garden,
or people start banging on ya. ;-)

Charlie

Old 29-05-2007, 11:31 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible

oh no - i didn't mean anything bad about bill at all - he helped me out
here - i was worrying about the possiblity of me doing something wrong in
the newsgroup - he confirmed that he couldn't see anything wrong either. i
meant everything honestly in good fun and somewhat confusion. and if anyone
thinks that i am going to knowingly use something that can/will harm my
kids, you can think again! LOL mama bear here.......

much love and respect to those with more knowledge & wisdom than I
rachael

Old 29-05-2007, 11:41 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible

On Tue, 29 May 2007 18:31:49 -0400, "Rachael Simpson"
wrote:

oh no - i didn't mean anything bad about bill at all - he helped me out
here - i was worrying about the possiblity of me doing something wrong in
the newsgroup - he confirmed that he couldn't see anything wrong either. i
meant everything honestly in good fun and somewhat confusion. and if anyone
thinks that i am going to knowingly use something that can/will harm my
kids, you can think again! LOL mama bear here.......

Uhhh.........yeah on the confusion issue...!??!??

As far as your children...

In the words of another......YOU GO SISTA!, er MAMA BEAR

much love and respect to those with more knowledge & wisdom than I
rachael

Amen and agreements to that, Rachael
Charlie
Old 29-05-2007, 11:53 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible

wrote:

oh no - i didn't mean anything bad about bill at all - he helped me out
here - i was worrying about the possiblity of me doing something wrong in
the newsgroup - he confirmed that he couldn't see anything wrong either.
meant everything honestly in good fun and somewhat confusion. and if
anyone
thinks that i am going to knowingly use something that can/will harm my
kids, you can think again! LOL mama bear here.......

Uhhh.........yeah on the confusion issue...!??!??

As far as your children...

In the words of another......YOU GO SISTA!, er MAMA BEAR

much love and respect to those with more knowledge & wisdom than I
rachael

Amen and agreements to that, Rachael
Charlie

ok - did i just create more confusion.........(blush - becoming embarrassed)

just meant that i didn't know what the cook & the general meant - and then
bill's "?" post.
i didn't realize that you were only suppose to post in TEXT and HTML. my
email account automatically does everything in HTML and i connect to the NGs
thru my email & outlook express - i don't have to go the webpages thru
google/usenet, etc. so i didn't realize that this was creating a problem to
some. Bill clarified to me that it wasn't the "big" problem i was believing
it to be. So I was glad to know that I wasn't the only one "missing" it. I
honestly thought something was wrong with my post.
maybe i didn't confuse you more there......lol

Old 30-05-2007, 12:11 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible

On Tue, 29 May 2007 18:53:02 -0400, "Rachael Simpson"
wrote:

.. .
wrote:

[...]

Heh heh.......relax Rachael, you didn't cause any more confustication.

Communication on the USENET can be tricky. Humor, sarcasm and other
things often don't "translate" well. Ideas and innuendo can be tough.
Sometimes we are too brief. Sometimes we are too cute by half.

Sometimes folks don't follow the old usenet "protocols" and standards.

Oftimes people call them on it harshly. Some groups will *really* give
ya what-for.

Don't sweat it, you are doing fine. Stick around and continue to post
and when someone pokes you with a stick or says summat you don't
understand, ask for clarification..... or poke 'em back a bit and see
what happens. ;-)

To some it may seem to be a bit rough one in a while in the garden
groups, but in reality, it is quite gentle and peaceful.... just the
occasional outburst....or off-topic post that riles up a few.

Enjoy life, enjoy the garden, enjoy your family
Charlie

Old 30-05-2007, 01:52 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible

"Bill Rose" wrote in message
In article ,
"Rachael Simpson" wrote:

original post:

Here's one for all you gardeners:

A lighter story with no chemicals involved!!

Both look good to me. No sign of HTML coding in either.
Make that 6 unneccessary posts.
- Bill

"sex" with your tomatoes?

It is but isn't text or HTML.
Message source info tells the story.
It actually contains two copies of the message.
One is text/plain
One is text/HTML.
FONT face=3D"Comic Sans MS" size=3D2
Dave