Old 12-07-2007, 01:13 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible

Default Re(2): deer salad

writes:
In article fc.003d0941022c8cd43b9aca00b5668cb1.22c8d98@pmug. org,
(Glenna Rose) wrote:

I'm 120 miles south of Tacoma. When it
cools off a bit, I will be trimming each of the three rosemary plants by
about a third (I think everyone says to only prune 1/3 of a plant), and

if
you are close enough, you can certainly have all the trimmings, either

for
starts or for shish kabob sticks (or both).

Glenna

102 F ? Now that's bizaar. Yesterday's high here, according to the local
fish wrap, was 70 F. Makes no sense.
--
Billy

Actually, Billy, where I am it was 104 F yesterday. The record was 103 F
in 1926. I grew up in eastern Washington and it has been hotter here this
week than it is there. Today was supposed to be considerably cooler, but
they missed, I've not heard the official high yet but it is at least 96 F.
As you can imagine, I am staying inside after 10 a.m. as much as
possible. I turned on the air conditioner three different times yesterday
for a couple hours each. I step into the garage, it's warmer, then on to
the covered patio, warmer still, then outside and it's an oven. This is
so not typical for southwest Washington. I've not looked at my lettuce
today but I suspect it will be bolting now. It's been so nice to have
salad every day for the last several weeks, but I suspect that's about
over. :-( I still have tomato plants to put in the ground, but what
doesn't happen before 10 a.m. doesn't get done. I've been giving them
away to everyone who wants any, but still have some. The last may go next
Monday.

Glenna

Old 12-07-2007, 01:46 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Ann Ann is offline

(Glenna Rose) expounded:

Actually, Billy, where I am it was 104 F yesterday. The record was 103 F
in 1926

Did I hear today that it was 99 in Portland, Oregon? Is that unusual?
--
Ann
e-mail address is not checked