Old 17-09-2007, 06:00 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible

Default squirrels-proofing tomatoes

Omelet wrote:
In article ,
George wrote:

On Mon, 3 Sep 2007 08:47:48 -0700, "Aluckyguess" wrote:

BB gun

If the squirrels were large enough for me to hit them, a BB gun wouldn't
be adequate to take them down. Plus, if they were that big and I killed
one ... It just keeps getting uglier. This is not a good path to go
down.

Squirrel is delicious.

I can kill a squirrel with a BB gun at 10 yards easily.

Improve your marksmanship using tin cans.

Rifles are not as difficult to improve with as pistols are.

I wouldn't think a BB gun would be that accurate. What about a pellet gun?
Old 17-09-2007, 08:57 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible

In article ,
doofy wrote:

Omelet wrote:
In article ,
George wrote:

On Mon, 3 Sep 2007 08:47:48 -0700, "Aluckyguess" wrote:

BB gun

If the squirrels were large enough for me to hit them, a BB gun wouldn't
be adequate to take them down. Plus, if they were that big and I killed
one ... It just keeps getting uglier. This is not a good path to go
down.

Squirrel is delicious.

I can kill a squirrel with a BB gun at 10 yards easily.

Improve your marksmanship using tin cans.

Rifles are not as difficult to improve with as pistols are.

I wouldn't think a BB gun would be that accurate. What about a pellet gun?

I never found a real significant difference, but Pellets are
ballistically superior to BB's for sure due to their shape. :-)

So, that might help.

Practice practice practice. Plinking with BB/Pellet guns can be fun
anyway. It's all in the aiming and trigger control.
--
Peace, Om

Remove _ to validate e-mails.

Damp proofing ? Ivan the Spy United Kingdom 2 03-05-2006 12:12 PM
Cat-proofing a fence jamie Texas 1 09-10-2004 04:08 AM
Slip proofing decking n United Kingdom 22 30-09-2004 10:53 PM
Gopher-proofing? Jefffooz Gardening 1 29-03-2004 02:32 AM
Isabel-proofing tomatoes Tim Foecke Edible Gardening 5 20-09-2003 12:32 PM