Old 06-10-2004, 11:56 PM
jamie

Default Cat-proofing a fence

I used the ideas from http://www.kittyklips.com

My cats are too elderly to climb the plank fence, but a couple of
young toms from the neighborhood were jumping in and harassing my cats.
All the supports are on the inside, so I only needed to KittyKlip the
top to prevent their entry. The KittyKlips site also has instructions
for the horizontal and vertical supports, to keep cats in (or out,
if the supports are on the outside), and how to cat-proof chainlink
fences and brick walls.

The site recommends using 4-inch PVC sewer pipe, using a saw to cut a
slit in it. I was able to use 4-inch corrugated black plastic drain
pipe (looks like a giant vacuum cleaner hose). This sold for $2.50
per 10-foot length at Home Depot, and was thin enough to slit with a
scissors instead of a saw, and had a handy line drawn down the length
of it to follow. It is also flexible enough that I didn't need to
cut separate pieces for the gate and hinge area.

No unauthorized cats have gotten in the 3 or 4 months since I put
it up, but I think I heard them try and slide off a few times when
I first put it up.

Photos of my KittyKlips installed
http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/mjwwan...lbum?.dir=be0b

--
jamie )

"There's a seeker born every minute."

Old 09-10-2004, 04:08 AM
Russell

Nicely done!

"jamie" wrote in message

[...]

Termite-proofing redgum? Pat Australia 15 13-08-2006 09:22 AM
Damp proofing ? Ivan the Spy United Kingdom 2 03-05-2006 12:12 PM
Slip proofing decking n United Kingdom 22 30-09-2004 10:53 PM
Gopher-proofing? Jefffooz Gardening 1 29-03-2004 02:32 AM
Isabel-proofing tomatoes Tim Foecke Edible Gardening 5 20-09-2003 12:32 PM