Old 02-05-2006, 08:42 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Ivan the Spy

Default Damp proofing ?

I have a water feature with the stones set with mortar.
Unfortunately the mortar has proved to be porous and leads to gradual water
loss. To avoid tearing the thing apart and starting again , does anyone know
of damp-proofing agent which can be painted on so that it soaks into the
material.? I would prefer it to be clear but a brown would be acceptable.
Mike.

--
Ivan_the.Spy

Old 02-05-2006, 11:53 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Ivan the Spy wrote:
I have a water feature with the stones set with mortar.
Unfortunately the mortar has proved to be porous and leads to gradual water
loss. To avoid tearing the thing apart and starting again , does anyone know
of damp-proofing agent which can be painted on so that it soaks into the
material.? I would prefer it to be clear but a brown would be acceptable.
Mike.

--
Ivan_the.Spy

Try Thompson's water sealaer from B&Q and probably other diy stores. It
drys completely clear
Tony www.caterpillarfountai.co.uk

Old 03-05-2006, 12:12 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Ivan the Spy

wrote in message
oups.com...

Ivan the Spy wrote:
I have a water feature with the stones set with mortar.
Unfortunately the mortar has proved to be porous and leads to gradual
water
loss. To avoid tearing the thing apart and starting again , does anyone
know
of damp-proofing agent which can be painted on so that it soaks into the
material.? I would prefer it to be clear but a brown would be acceptable.
Mike.

--
Ivan_the.Spy

Try Thompson's water sealaer from B&Q and probably other diy stores. It
drys completely clear
Tony www.caterpillarfountai.co.uk

......Thanks...will go down there today and have a look.
Mike.

Termite-proofing redgum? Pat Australia 15 13-08-2006 09:22 AM
Cat-proofing a fence jamie Texas 1 09-10-2004 04:08 AM
Slip proofing decking n United Kingdom 22 30-09-2004 10:53 PM
Gopher-proofing? Jefffooz Gardening 1 29-03-2004 02:32 AM
Isabel-proofing tomatoes Tim Foecke Edible Gardening 5 20-09-2003 12:32 PM