Old 24-09-2007, 11:43 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible

Default Cantalopes & squirels

rec.gardens.edible
Cantalopes & squirels

Do squirels forage cantalope patchs? Have a small patch in the Ohio river
valley that's shown only one small 1 in. cantalope so far. The squirels seem
to be having a good year, though.

Hul

Old 25-09-2007, 02:51 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible

In article , Hul Tytus
wrote:

rec.gardens.edible
Cantalopes & squirels

Do squirels forage cantalope patchs? Have a small patch in the Ohio river
valley that's shown only one small 1 in. cantalope so far. The squirels seem
to be having a good year, though.

Hul

They never hit mine when I grew them, but I have a fenced yard, and dogs
that will eat squirrels if they can catch them.
--
Peace, Om

Remove _ to validate e-mails.

"Human nature seems to be to control other people until they put their foot down." -- Steve Rothstein
Old 28-09-2007, 01:06 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible

Andy writes:

Each spring when I put in a garden, the local squirrels take note.
As soon as
I see one in my garden, it becomes shot. Then I build a little
gallows in the
middle of the garden and hand the carcass from it.....

It seems to work... Stinks for about a week, but no further
squrrels come into
the garden......

My garden is fenced, and I have a dog..... Squirrels just laugh
at that....They
are too fast and too quick for most dogs and cats, especially when
they aren't
taken by surprised. They are not too fast for a good pellet rifle,
however.....

Andy in Eureka, Texas

Old 30-09-2007, 05:01 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible

You probably wouldn't even have to shoot one to have this affect.
Simply find a squirrel that was hit by a car and rub it around the
preimeter of your garden. Squirrels are rodents. I know that rats will
avoid a trap if they smell that a rat has been killed by it.

Old 02-10-2007, 01:22 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible

So do turtles and raccoons. I put up a squirrel feeder and they kept away
from the garden, but it didn't stop the other two.

Dwayne

"Hul Tytus" wrote in message
rec.gardens.edible
Cantalopes & squirels

Do squirels forage cantalope patchs? Have a small patch in the Ohio river
valley that's shown only one small 1 in. cantalope so far. The squirels
seem
to be having a good year, though.

Hul

Garlicky Squirels Weeder About GardenBanter 1 04-01-2006 07:51 PM
How do I tell when Cantalopes and Watermelons are Ripe. old whats his name Edible Gardening 6 23-07-2003 02:02 PM
How do I tell when Cantalopes and Watermelons are Ripe. old whats his name Edible Gardening 0 22-07-2003 03:48 AM
Squirels Alycia Budd North Carolina 0 01-05-2003 05:47 PM
Squirels Alycia Budd North Carolina 14 01-05-2003 05:47 PM