Old 06-10-2007, 09:38 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible

Default Meyer Lemon tree problem

Can anyone help me with my question?

I have a small Meyer Lemon tree that was doing very well until the past 2
weeks. The lemons are starting to lighten ,however they are spliting and
falling off the tree.
I am new to Florida and very new to growing citrus trees for personal use.
I did have a problem with leaf miner a few months back and got something
from the local nursery. Now I have this problem.

Thank you

Old 07-10-2007, 12:26 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible

"scouch" wrote in message
lkaboutgardening.com...
Can anyone help me with my question?

I have a small Meyer Lemon tree that was doing very well until the past 2
weeks. The lemons are starting to lighten ,however they are spliting and
falling off the tree.
I am new to Florida and very new to growing citrus trees for personal use.
I did have a problem with leaf miner a few months back and got something
from the local nursery. Now I have this problem.

Thank you

Have you had a dry spell followed by recent rain?

David

Old 07-10-2007, 04:46 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible

In article ,
"David Hare-Scott" wrote:

"scouch" wrote in message
lkaboutgardening.com...
Can anyone help me with my question?

I have a small Meyer Lemon tree that was doing very well until the past 2
weeks. The lemons are starting to lighten ,however they are spliting and
falling off the tree.
I am new to Florida and very new to growing citrus trees for personal use.
I did have a problem with leaf miner a few months back and got something
from the local nursery. Now I have this problem.

Thank you

Have you had a dry spell followed by recent rain?

David

Every year is different.
--
FB - FFF

Billy

Get up, stand up, Don't give up the fight.
- Bob Marley
Old 07-10-2007, 12:36 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible

On Oct 6, 4:38 pm, "scouch" wrote:
Can anyone help me with my question?

I have a small Meyer Lemon tree that was doing very well until the past 2
weeks. The lemons are starting to lighten ,however they are spliting and
falling off the tree.
I am new to Florida and very new to growing citrus trees for personal use.
I did have a problem with leaf miner a few months back and got something
from the local nursery. Now I have this problem.

Thank you

After dry condition then jumping into wet can cause this.

Old 11-10-2007, 03:36 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible

"Billy" wrote in message
In article ,
"David Hare-Scott" wrote:

"scouch" wrote in message
lkaboutgardening.com...
[...]

Maybe it was too far of an assumption the question was regarding this
season/year/now????????????????????
Dave

Old 11-10-2007, 06:13 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible

In article ,
"Dave" wrote:

"Billy" wrote in message
In article ,
"David Hare-Scott" wrote:

"scouch" wrote in message
lkaboutgardening.com...
[...]

Welcome to farming. Maybe someone in the NG can give you enlightenment.
In the mean time, try to be philosophical. Shit happens. You have a
whole year before you hit the reefs again. This NG should be used in
conjunction with web searches, the local library, and the local ag
advisor.