Old 20-10-2007, 01:30 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible

Default Re(2): Herb and Vegtables

On Oct 18, 11:04 pm, (Glenna Rose) wrote:
writes:

"Stitch" wrote in message
ups.com...
I was just wondering if there are any suggestions for good herbs to
grow. I currently grow Basil, Oregeno and sage for herbs. Tomatoes,
green peppers, peas and jalepeno's for vegies.

Rosemary, mint and parsley are all fairly easy to grow and very useful in
the kitchen. Fresh mint and parsley are 100 times better than dried.

David

Add celeric to that list, grows like parsley and use as celery. I added
that and fennel seeds to soup I made the other evening with potatoes,
onions, carrots, basil, parsley - it was very good. I added a can of
condensed milk and three cooked slices of bacon cut into bits. It's
frustrating when I find something like that I especially like but didn't
measure a thing so cannot duplicate it.

I grow all of the above herbs mentioned as well as oregano.

Glenna

thank you. The soup sounds very good