Old 20-05-2008, 03:28 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible

Default Groundhogs

In article ,
none ""Mark\"@(none)" wrote:

Honestly, if you do study up on Herpetology, you will find that America
has very few poisonous reptiles. Learn to recognize those few and the
rest are safe.

I'll get around to it - in my own rather disorganized manner!
Update: The gophers devoured my tomato plants, the broccoli, and
unexpectedly... the pimiento pepper plant. Perhaps I should have planted
habenero!? Maybe horseradish? These gophers are out of control - A
blackbird made the sad mistake of pecking at a trap, and hopefully left
this world without suffering... And a gopher dragged its carcass, still
in the trap, halfway down a gopher hole to gnaw upon it.
Only halfway, because the trap was too wide to fit down the hole.
Mutant, carnivorous, radioactive gophers! Run! Run for your lives!

Most rodents will eat meat.
I've had trouble with gray squirrels killing my pigeons.

I ate the ones that were doing that. g The current tree rats are
behaving themselves.
--
Peace! Om

until they put their foot down." -- Stephan Rothstein
Old 20-05-2008, 04:31 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible

In article ,
Omelet wrote:

Most rodents will eat meat.
I've had trouble with gray squirrels killing my pigeons.

Are there red squirrels in the US? Here they're only grey.
--

Billy
Bush Behind Bars
Old 20-05-2008, 04:40 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible

In article
,
Billy wrote:

In article ,
Omelet wrote:

Most rodents will eat meat.
I've had trouble with gray squirrels killing my pigeons.

Are there red squirrels in the US? Here they're only grey.

Yes, there are many varieties. :-)

Mm, not quite what I was looking for, but this link will work ok:

http://www.angelfire.com/fl/scalisti/species.html

Old 20-05-2008, 11:59 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible

In article ,
Omelet wrote:

In article
,
Billy wrote:

In article ,
Omelet wrote:

Most rodents will eat meat.
I've had trouble with gray squirrels killing my pigeons.

Are there red squirrels in the US? Here they're only grey.

Yes, there are many varieties. :-)

Mm, not quite what I was looking for, but this link will work ok:

http://www.angelfire.com/fl/scalisti/species.html

In Europe the squirrels are red.
http://www.blueplanetbiomes.org/euro_red_squirrel.htm
Your Texas Antelope Squirrel looks a lot like what we call a chipmunk
and that was before I saw the Golden Mantled Ground Squirrel.
--

Billy
Bush Behind Bars
Old 21-05-2008, 02:25 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible

In article
,
Billy wrote:

In article ,
Omelet wrote:

In article
,
Billy wrote:

In article ,
Omelet wrote:

Most rodents will eat meat.
I've had trouble with gray squirrels killing my pigeons.

Are there red squirrels in the US? Here they're only grey.

Yes, there are many varieties. :-)

Mm, not quite what I was looking for, but this link will work ok:

http://www.angelfire.com/fl/scalisti/species.html

In Europe the squirrels are red.
http://www.blueplanetbiomes.org/euro_red_squirrel.htm
Your Texas Antelope Squirrel looks a lot like what we call a chipmunk
and that was before I saw the Golden Mantled Ground Squirrel.

Yeah. I call some of the ground squirrels "chipmunks" too. The ground
squirrels in California are very big, and cause a lot of foundation
damage in some places with their burrowing. The gopher snakes I
"transplanted" to kill gophers also did a number on them. g

By the way, thanks for the czech. It just arrived.
Hope the cactus does well for you!

Groundhogs Mike Davis Gardening 48 15-03-2004 12:02 AM
have any groundhogs? glowworm Orchids 4 08-10-2003 12:42 PM
have groundhogs? glowworm Gardening 9 08-10-2003 04:18 AM
have groundhogs? glowworm Roses 0 05-10-2003 05:12 PM
Repelling of groundhogs Indictorfands Edible Gardening 13 22-08-2003 07:32 PM