Old 11-07-2008, 05:17 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Sam Sam is offline

Default What kind of eggs are on my tomato plant

I bought ladybugs and release those. 2 weeks later I have some eggs
on the underside of my tomato leaves. Could these be ladybug eggs? I
googled (image search) them, and they look like them, except they
aren't yellow. Mine are more whitish.

They don't look like the aphid eggs google came up with, so that is
good. They are a bunch of eggs all clustered together. Any ideas? Do I
leave them be and see what becomes of them??? Or do I squash em?
Old 11-07-2008, 05:42 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible

In article
,
Sam wrote:

I bought ladybugs and release those. 2 weeks later I have some eggs
on the underside of my tomato leaves. Could these be ladybug eggs? I
googled (image search) them, and they look like them, except they
aren't yellow. Mine are more whitish.

They don't look like the aphid eggs google came up with, so that is
good. They are a bunch of eggs all clustered together. Any ideas? Do I
leave them be and see what becomes of them??? Or do I squash em?

Pics please???
--
Peace! Om

until they put their foot down." -- Stephan Rothstein
Old 11-07-2008, 06:19 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Sam Sam is offline

On Jul 11, 11:42 am, Omelet wrote:
In article
,

Sam wrote:
I bought ladybugs and release those. 2 weeks later I have some eggs
on the underside of my tomato leaves. Could these be ladybug eggs? I
googled (image search) them, and they look like them, except they
aren't yellow. Mine are more whitish.

They don't look like the aphid eggs google came up with, so that is
good. They are a bunch of eggs all clustered together. Any ideas? Do I
leave them be and see what becomes of them??? Or do I squash em?

Pics please???
--
Peace! Om

until they put their foot down." -- Stephan Rothstein

How do I post a picture?
Old 11-07-2008, 06:24 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible

In article
,

Sam wrote:
I bought ladybugs and release those. 2 weeks later I have some eggs
on the underside of my tomato leaves. Could these be ladybug eggs? I
googled (image search) them, and they look like them, except they
aren't yellow. Mine are more whitish.

They don't look like the aphid eggs google came up with, so that is
good. They are a bunch of eggs all clustered together. Any ideas? Do I
leave them be and see what becomes of them??? Or do I squash em?

Pics please???
--
Peace! Om

until they put their foot down." -- Stephan Rothstein

How do I post a picture?

Upload it to http://www.tinypic.com and post a link.

Instructions are on the website. That is how I personally do it most of
the time. ;-)

Another thing would be to put the leaf in a jar. Put some fine fabric
over the top and close it with a canning ring, then see what hatches out.

Old 11-07-2008, 06:30 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Sam Sam is offline

On Jul 11, 12:24 pm, Omelet wrote:
In article
,

Sam wrote:
[...]

The link is here...
http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=2rp88yh&s=4

Old 11-07-2008, 06:35 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible

In article
,
Sam wrote:

How do I post a picture?

Upload it tohttp://www.tinypic.comand post a link.

Instructions are on the website. That is how I personally do it most of
the time. ;-)

Another thing would be to put the leaf in a jar. Put some fine fabric
over the top and close it with a canning ring, then see what hatches out.

The link is here...
http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=2rp88yh&s=4

Ok, I'm no eggspert (and await the opinion of other posters) but those
look too big to be ladybug eggs to me.

Personally, I'd jar them and await the hatchlings. I know what baby
ladybirds look like! g

Old 11-07-2008, 11:25 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Sam Sam is offline

On Jul 11, 12:35 pm, Omelet wrote:
In article
,

Sam wrote:
How do I post a picture?

Upload it tohttp://www.tinypic.comandpost a link.

Instructions are on the website. That is how I personally do it most of
the time. ;-)

Another thing would be to put the leaf in a jar. Put some fine fabric
over the top and close it with a canning ring, then see what hatches out.

The link is here...
http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=2rp88yh&s=4

Ok, I'm no eggspert (and await the opinion of other posters) but those
look too big to be ladybug eggs to me.

Personally, I'd jar them and await the hatchlings. I know what baby
ladybirds look like! g
--
Peace! Om

until they put their foot down." -- Stephan Rothstein

I think they may be cutworm eggs. Look very similar to google image
search "tomato cutworm egg." I'm off to find a jar!!!
Old 12-07-2008, 06:10 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible

They look like stink bug eggs.

--

Visit
www.insectgraphics.com for all your insect gift needs

Old 12-07-2008, 09:57 PM
mor mor is offline
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuckermor View Post

Sam wrote:
[...]

think you should go to your garden center and show them and get the right treatment before they get hold of all your plants