Old 26-04-2003, 03:32 PM
Ralph Therien

Default Horse manure tea for tomatoes

What are the proportions for making the tea ? Is it applied to the foliage
or the earth ?

Old 27-04-2003, 12:32 AM
MacTech

"Ralph Therien" wrote in message ...
What are the proportions for making the tea ? Is it applied to the foliage
or the earth ?

I don't know about using "horse manure tea" on tomatoes (I just work
the horse manure into the ground around the tomatoes), but for my rose
bushes, I fill a five gallon bucket half full with horse manure and
then fill it with water and let it sit for a day or so. Then I pour
the "tea" around the base of the plants.

LeAnn

Share the view from Rural Route 2
http://ruralroute2.com
Old 27-04-2003, 03:45 AM
Dwayne

I have read that after removing the bag of manure from the bucket, you
dilute the tea (water) 50/50 with fresh water and use that. Dwayne

om...

Old 27-04-2003, 12:44 PM
Setzler

Manure tea is applied to the soil around the plant, and is usually diluted to
the color of weak tea. Compost tea, specifically fermented compost tea is
applied to the foliage for disease treatment.

susan