Old 19-04-2010, 11:14 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible

Default Creative Propagation '92

Dan,
no way I can read the old version and the new to compare and contrast,
The best I can do is give you the table of contents and make the
observation that this previous rendition was written by Peter Thompson
alone.

Contents

CHAPTER ONE Prelude to Propagation 1

CHAPTER TWO The Natural Reproduction of Plants 6

CHAPTER THREE Economic Use of Equipment and Facilities 22

CHAPTER FOUR Directory of Propagation Techniques 39
CHAPTER FIVE Annuals and Biennials from Seed 44

CHAPTER SIX Propagation of Conifers and Heaths 65

CHAPTER SEVEN Propagation of Alpines 85

CHAPTER EIGHT Propagation of Hardy Perennials, including Grasses and
Ferns 99

CHAPTER NINE Propagation of Shrubs, including Climbers and Roses 121

CHAPTER TEN Propagation of Trees 148

CHAPTER ELEVEN Propagation of Bulbous Plants 154

CHAPTER TWELVE Seed Collection and Storage 172

CHAPTER THIRTEEN Year-round Propagation 184

CHAPTER FOURTEEN Propagation Table 195

GENERAL INDEX 212

INDEX OF PLANT NAMES 214
--
- Billy
Old 20-04-2010, 01:44 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible

In article
,
Billy wrote:

[...]

By the Content listing the current book has five additional chapters.
Seems like the only chapter that is not in the new is chapter thirteen:
Year-round Propagation. Cool I get to save money.

I will say that the book "Creative Propagation" is going to be a top
five gardening book for me. I want lots of plants without spending a
fortune at the nursery.

For year-round garden planning, my favorite gardening book is a local
book, "Month-by-Month Gardening in Michigan by James A. Fizzell. I use
it mostly for planning. I use other books for greater details in the
what to do.

--
Enjoy Life... Dan

Garden in Zone 5 South East Michigan.