Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 26-06-2010, 03:27 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible

Default Return On Investment

Pavel314 wrote:

Yesterday evening I spread two 28' x 28' bird nets over my
raspberry
patch. There were only a few berries last year but this year it
looks
like I'll get about a quart. During the process, I realized
that I was
struggling out in the heat to install $50 worth of bird netting
save about $5 worth of berries. Not a great one-time
investment, but
next year the patch should really start bearing and the netting
will
be well worth the investment.

last year i got a few bunches of grapes to
eat and almost a pint of concord grape jam.
that was it, but it was very good. no store
bought jam came close.

songbird