Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-12-2010, 07:08 PM
Registered User

Location: north somerset
Unhappy advice re my failures ths year....

I grew courgettes in planters this year....decent crop, but the plants died early with the leaves turning sort of powdery grey. Can anyone recommend a good reliable variety?
Likewise spring onions. Tried them in planters and sections of rain guttering. They grew to only a tiny size, despite watering, rich soil, TLC etc.
Red onions...planted them in sets and they just struggled and died. Again decent clay soil with plenty of nutrient. They were in a dappled shady piosition, do onions need full sun?
Any advice, suggestion etc gratefully appreciated.
Andrew