Old 07-02-2011, 11:17 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible

Default Soil sample taken .

Billy wrote:
In article ,
"David Hare-Scott" wrote:

Billy wrote:
In article ,
"David Hare-Scott" wrote:

42C in New South Wales?

Yes and I don't live at Broken Hill. We had 44C here a year or two
ago. I have been watering early morning and then retiring indoors,
in the last week I have used 30 kilolitres. Yesterday it was 30C
at 8AM EDST (7AM sun time) and 40C by 2PM.

You're in Bourke then?

No north of Newcastle, not 500km from the coast more like 50km.

this is the nearest automatic weather station with full details:

http://www.bom.gov.au/jsp/watl/weath...&station=61250

Your lucky to have such a good school near you. What's the name of the
river?

It is good to have an agricultural college about, I have been to some good
events there. The college is has an interesting history, it was established
by the Presbyterian church on an old farming homestead, it is now state
government. The river is the Patterson river which is part of the Hunter
system.

David

Old 08-02-2011, 01:42 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible

"David Hare-Scott" wrote in message

It is good to have an agricultural college about, I have been to some good
events there. The college is has an interesting history, it was
established by the Presbyterian church on an old farming homestead, it is
now state government. The river is the Patterson river which is part of
the Hunter system.

You're in God's own there David.

Old 08-02-2011, 10:34 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible

FarmI wrote:
"David Hare-Scott" wrote in message

It is good to have an agricultural college about, I have been to
some good events there. The college is has an interesting history,
it was established by the Presbyterian church on an old farming
homestead, it is now state government. The river is the Patterson
river which is part of the Hunter system.

You're in God's own there David.

That's true, when the Hunter is in drought and they can't feed their horses
they come to me. I am not actually at Tocal rather somewhat northeast, it
was just the closest weather station.

I have new photos that need to be squeezed and posted to photobucket, stay
tuned.

David