Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-04-2011, 11:49 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible

Default How I am planning my summer.

Billy wrote:

How was last years harvest, and what are you planting this year?
Anything new? Any changes to your garden?

Last years harvest was horrible. I neglected my garden and plants because
of my retirement and working extra hours training my replacement. This year
I want to make the yard look better. Nothing extra in terms of plants.

I am going to rip up all plastic border materials and toss them into trash.
I will go with natural borders using a half moon spade. I got a book on
making ones own concrete garden ornaments and hypertufas. My intentions is
making my own custom made patio blocks for pathways ( this is an experiment
and short lived since money is tight this year ).

Next month Bessy will have her calf and I will learn all about making my
own cheese, yogurt and ice cream. Cheese making equipment is not cheap, I
hope it is not a wallet breaker. The way food prices are now with high gas
prices, I may be in good shape for the coming years.

I will continue my personal studies on mathematics and get some books on
computer modeling techniques. This is how I am planning my summer.