Old 29-07-2011, 01:52 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible

Default to help make Billy's day

In article ,
Frank wrote:

http://www.naturalnews.com/033148_se..._Monsanto.html

So, what's the gimmick, Frank? Where's the trap door, Frank, or are you
telling me that you had an epiphany? Has the spirit of organic gardening
touched and softened your free-market soul? In any event it does my
heart good to see you post this article, or maybe it's just that I've
just returned from having my big heart roto-rootered at Kaiser in San
Francisco, to give me another 100,000 miles on my ol' ticky-ticker.

"Though an old man, I am but a young gardener."
- Thomas Jefferson
--
- Billy
Obama is now backing a bipartisan Senate budget plan that would cut Social Security and Medicare, while cutting taxes on the wealthy. In addition to entitlement cuts, the so-called "Gang of Six" plan would eliminate a number of popular tax breaks and deductions, including write-offs for home mortgage interest and employer-provided health benefits. The savings would help offset the cost of then lowering the top individual and corporate tax rates from 35 percent to at least 29 percent.

America is not broke.
http://www.politifact.com/wisconsin/.../michael-moore
/michael-moore-says-400-americans-have-more-wealth-/

You put Lloyd Blankfein in pound-me-in-the-ass prison for one six-month term, and all this bullshit would stop, all over Wall Street. That's all it would take. Just once.
Vote 3rd Party
Old 29-07-2011, 02:14 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible

On 7/28/2011 7:52 PM, Billy wrote:
In ,
wrote:

http://www.naturalnews.com/033148_se..._Monsanto.html

So, what's the gimmick, Frank? Where's the trap door, Frank, or are you
telling me that you had an epiphany? Has the spirit of organic gardening
touched and softened your free-market soul? In any event it does my
heart good to see you post this article, or maybe it's just that I've
just returned from having my big heart roto-rootered at Kaiser in San
Francisco, to give me another 100,000 miles on my ol' ticky-ticker.

"Though an old man, I am but a young gardener."
- Thomas Jefferson

No, but I too don't like the idea of the seed market being taken over
like this.

A few years ago I told a guy from Pioneer Seed at the PA farm show after
DuPont had taken them over that I was retired from DuPont. He told me
that DuPont was ruining the company with their emphasis on safety.

I got my angioplasty with stents over 4 years ago. So far, so good
Old 29-07-2011, 07:20 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible

wrote:

[...]

Ah, brothers under the skin ;O)

Old 29-07-2011, 02:38 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible

On 7/29/2011 1:20 AM, Billy wrote:

wrote:

[...]

Besides those, I've got a plate with 5 screws in my shoulder, wires left
over from closing chest and a titanium clot filter in my inferior vena
cava - maybe 10 pieces of metal, total. This is not even adding dental
stuff. Takes your mind off important stuff like gardening.
Old 29-07-2011, 03:12 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible

wrote:

[...]

Make that a lucky 13, spare parts

Old 29-07-2011, 04:01 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible

wrote:

[...]

Sounds like you are safe from MRIs.
--
USA
North Carolina Foothills
Old 29-07-2011, 05:47 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible

Frank wrote:

No, but I too don't like the idea of the seed market being taken over
like this.

Patented genomes are one thing in perennials, especially ones that don't
grow true like apples. The only way to get a Rome apple tree is to use
a shoot off of an existing Rome apple tree. As long as some variety of
apple remains in patent the initial grower gets to benefit from being
the sole source.

Patented genomes are a different thing when their contracts come with
unconscienable clauses. Farmers who have not purchased patented seeds
are getting sued because their own seed stock got contaminated by
patented pollen. That's ridiculous. Juries should refuse to find in
favor of the company and judges should disbar lawyers who put such cases
forward.

Patents, contract law, rules about unconscienable clauses. It's all
kept complex by the lawyers for the big seed companines. But is it
really complex? Maybe farmers who purchase patented seed and agreed to
purchase patented seed again next year are obligated to live by that
agreement. Maybe not. That depends on whether the pricing is abusive
and therefore unconscienable. But farmers who didn't should not be
held liable. Pollen gets out.
Old 29-07-2011, 07:29 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible

wrote:

[...]

You know, I'm not sure, as I don't think any of these parts are
magnetic. I know the clot filter isn't and plate in collarbone is just
under the skin and does not attract a magnet. Not sure about the stents
or chest wires. I'll have to ask my cardiologist when I see her in a
couple of weeks. Never had an MRI but have had enough xrays and CT
scans that I oughta glow in the dark.
Old 29-07-2011, 08:09 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible

wrote:

[...]

I know that they went through a long list of things before my MRI this
week. I don't know what they would have done if I had had metal parts
in me. Somehow the surgeons just remove stuff and don't replace it.
I'm wondering if there are other parts I can live comfortably without
and have them removed before they start acting up.
Old 29-07-2011, 08:11 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible

wrote:

[...]

After posting, I did some Googling, and for the most part you can get
away with it but maybe not Billy if stents are new. Otherwise things
might get torqued out of place. I'll cross that bridge when I come to it.

Old 29-07-2011, 09:21 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible

wrote:

[...]

Must make it fun going through TSA's metal detectors :O(

Old 29-07-2011, 09:28 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible

wrote:

[...]

IIRC MRI have to do with the magnetic moment of hydrogen atoms as they
are excited to higher energy levels and then fall back, they give off
unique electromagnetic waves which reflect the difference in their
orbital energies. These are the wavelengths that MRIs are looking for.

Old 29-07-2011, 11:10 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible

Frank wrote:
No, but I too don't like the idea of the seed market being taken over
like this.

National Geographic had a great article on
food plant diversity reduction in the last
100yrs this past month.

A few years ago I told a guy from Pioneer Seed at the PA farm show after
DuPont had taken them over that I was retired from DuPont. He told me
that DuPont was ruining the company with their emphasis on safety.

what an interesting comment to make...

I got my angioplasty with stents over 4 years ago. So far, so good

songbird

Billy Buttons magoo Australia 0 08-09-2004 08:20 AM
Billy Goat 23 hp For sale photonbucket Marketplace 0 20-03-2004 07:27 PM
fs billy goat vacuum BRAMSCAPE United Kingdom 0 05-10-2003 04:02 PM
BRIGGS & STRATTON KD510 BILLY GOAT VACUUM Volusian United Kingdom 0 15-08-2003 11:22 AM
fs billy goat vacuum BRAMSCAPE United Kingdom 4 01-07-2003 12:20 AM