Old 22-07-2013, 01:28 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible

Default My Wife

Told me last night I planted about 3 too many cucumbers . Good thing I know
people that like 'em ! Never having grown cukes before I'm astounded by the
production from just 4 plants !
--
Snag

Old 22-07-2013, 01:36 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible

Terry Coombs wrote:
Told me last night I planted about 3 too many cucumbers . Good thing
I know people that like 'em ! Never having grown cukes before I'm
astounded by the production from just 4 plants !

Pick them small for gherkins.

Old 22-07-2013, 07:09 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible

On Monday, July 22, 2013 8:28:29 AM UTC-4, Terry Coombs wrote:
Told me last night I planted about 3 too many cucumbers . Good thing I know

people that like 'em ! Never having grown cukes before I'm astounded by the

production from just 4 plants !

--

Snag

When I put in my first garden many years ago, I decided to plant cucumbers because the whole family liked them. Not wanting to run short and not knowing how many each plant would produce, I planted six hills of cucumbers with three or four plants per hill. That summer we ate cucumbers in many forms, we made pickles, we gave them to friends and family. It got to the point where even my daughter's pony got sick of eating cucumbers. Many ended up on the compost pile.

Paul
Old 23-07-2013, 12:26 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible

Terry Coombs wrote:

Told me last night I planted about 3 too many cucumbers . Good thing I know
people that like 'em ! Never having grown cukes before I'm astounded by the
production from just 4 plants !

five words:

fermented pickles.

songbird