Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-02-2014, 06:58 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible

Default Here we go again

wrote:
What a winter for North Carolina. Expecting 2 - 4 inches on top of
the ice we got this morning. Screwing with my greenhouse and my
germination in the house for sure. I guess I won't be planting in
early March as I had planned. Oh Mother Nature.....just keep us
guessing.
MJ

Ma Nature , being the fickle bitch that she is , may very well turn around
and give us an early and extended heat wave . And drought ... (sigh) I guess
we just have to take what comes and make the best of it . Farmers Almanac
said that we'd have a colder/wetter winter this year , so far they've been
right . I have 2 different what-to-plant-when schedules from the web , both
are in general agreement , BUT both are history-based so ...
But any way you cut it , now is the time to be starting seeds for
transplanting later . So far I have onions , 2 kinds of 'maters 2 more I
picked up seeds for today kale , lettuce , cauliflower , eggplants and
cayenne peppers in the starter trays . And they're all sitting on a low
table right in front of a southeast facing window where they get strong sun
all morning then great indirect light the rest of the day . I guess it's
time to get the tiller out and make sure it runs well . I'll be enlarging
the garden plot this year , after a great first year garden and that machine
has some seroius groundbreaking to do .
--
Snag

here here now, this poking at my daughter has to stop! Momma McKoi Ponds 0 15-05-2005 10:57 PM
HELP!! Here I am again. pixi Ponds 8 18-09-2003 04:42 AM
Here I go again. [email protected] Ponds 2 08-04-2003 06:56 PM
Hollies - here we go again trevor.appleton United Kingdom 5 13-12-2002 12:20 PM