Old 18-05-2003, 05:44 AM

Default Manure Tea

I need a recipe for manure tea. What I have done so far is to put
about 5 to 7 lbs horse manure in to a large (55 gal)plastic barrel and
fill it with water and let stand. How strong is it suppose to be and
when can I use it?
Old 18-05-2003, 06:56 AM
paddys1

I put fresh horses duffers into a sack or netting and throw it into my
water-butt, give the odd stir and I try to give roughly when new about a cup
full in 2 gal watering container. Netting or sacking is used so that it can
be removed and to dunk up and down in the water but, also not to block the
watering can rose. You have to use your common sense if its strong it could
kill the plants I just go for a week colour change. Also add comfrey and
stinging nettles
Paddy
om...

Old 18-05-2003, 04:56 PM
Thomas

I'm pretty certain Howard Garrett has a recipe on his site...
www.dirtdoctor.com along with instructions on usage

wrote in message
om...
I need a recipe for manure tea. What I have done so far is to put
about 5 to 7 lbs horse manure in to a large (55 gal)plastic barrel and
fill it with water and let stand. How strong is it suppose to be and
when can I use it?

Hydroponics & Manure Tea bodhiSoma United Kingdom 0 19-12-2007 07:10 PM
Duck manure tea? Mark Edible Gardening 8 15-04-2004 11:33 AM
Manure tea for foliage feed? JohnDKestell Edible Gardening 0 08-07-2003 12:20 PM
Horse manure tea on tomatoes Ralph Therien Gardening 1 27-04-2003 12:56 PM
Horse manure tea for tomatoes Ralph Therien Edible Gardening 3 27-04-2003 12:44 PM