Old 11-04-2004, 07:32 PM
Mark

Default Duck manure tea?

Okay, the ducks have their nice penned-in area until I get around to
fencing in the garden proper. They have the lawn, their feed bowl,
and a 4' plastic kiddie pool to splash around in...which they do with
gusto.

Here's the question: As we all know, ducks poop a lot. No big deal,
but they also poop in their pool. Again, no big deal: excess
rainwater, after filling the 55 gallon barrels I use for watering the
garden, flows over and replenishes the pool. BUT...can I use the
poopy pool water on my garden like manure tea?

Mark
Old 11-04-2004, 10:32 PM
shazzbat

"Mark" wrote in message
om...
Okay, the ducks have their nice penned-in area until I get around to
fencing in the garden proper. They have the lawn, their feed bowl,
and a 4' plastic kiddie pool to splash around in...which they do with
gusto.

Here's the question: As we all know, ducks poop a lot. No big deal,
but they also poop in their pool. Again, no big deal: excess
rainwater, after filling the 55 gallon barrels I use for watering the
garden, flows over and replenishes the pool. BUT...can I use the
poopy pool water on my garden like manure tea?

Yes. Just don't drink it like tea. At least not without milk and sugar :-))

Steve