Old 02-06-2003, 01:08 AM
Bob

Default Deer repellant

Hi, I live in rural VT. am disabled, but not enough to keep me away
from the garden. I don't have a large patch, maybe 20 feet wide and 60
feet long. I have been using the fishing line method,(to keep deer
away) and at the end of last year, "Irish Spring" sprinkled around
plants. Last nite, they got into the only lined off area I had,(most
likly a fawn) didn't nibble though, tomatoe plants and herbs, but it's
been raining and squash, beans etc will be poppin' this week. For the
$ of a commercial repellant, I can buy enough fresh veggies and fruit
at the farmers down the road, maybe some eggs and turkeys too! Any
home home remedy's would be great!
Thank You very much
Bobby
Old 11-08-2003, 05:32 PM
Phaedrine Stonebridge

In article ,
(Bob) wrote:

Hi, I live in rural VT. am disabled, but not enough to keep me away
from the garden. I don't have a large patch, maybe 20 feet wide and 60
feet long. I have been using the fishing line method,(to keep deer
away) and at the end of last year, "Irish Spring" sprinkled around
plants. Last nite, they got into the only lined off area I had,(most
likly a fawn) didn't nibble though, tomatoe plants and herbs, but it's
been raining and squash, beans etc will be poppin' this week. For the
$ of a commercial repellant, I can buy enough fresh veggies and fruit
at the farmers down the road, maybe some eggs and turkeys too! Any
home home remedy's would be great!
Thank You very much
Bobby

We have small herds of deer that come through here all the time as we
live on the edge of a large state park. We also have some neighbors who
feed them all the time (agh) and, instead of helping, it only aggravates
the problem. The deer are very nervy. We have tried everything
including commercial deer repellents, urine, irish spring, all kinds of
plants they are reputed to not ike, hair, and other methods. We have
BIG dogs living on either side of us too. Nothing has worked except our
Scarecrows--- the ones with the sprinkler heads on top and an infrared
sensor. You have to leave the hoses on so you need secure connections
(we use brass disconnects for easy on/off). But they work amazingly
well. They cost between $50-75 and have a two-year warranty that the
company stands behind. Good luck. Not cheap but for us, cheaper than
all the damage they used to do.
Old 11-08-2003, 08:22 PM
Kswck

Coyote urine will help keep the deer away, but it has to be applied
after every rain.

Old 13-08-2003, 04:14 AM
Kevin Miller

Ditto on the whole post except we live by a nature preserve....
Scarecrow has been all that works ALL THE TIME.... Liquid Fence does
help too in my perennial beds but they do eat a little out of there
though

On Mon, 11 Aug 2003 11:24:43 -0500, Phaedrine Stonebridge

Deer repellant? tenplay Gardening 17 07-09-2006 06:44 PM
New Deer repellant Stephen Henning Gardening 0 13-02-2005 11:01 PM
Insect Repellant Plant Wanda Australia 11 13-10-2003 11:06 PM
aphid repellant Bonnie Espenshade Ponds 6 10-03-2003 01:05 PM