Old 02-06-2003, 04:08 AM
Simon Stenkle

Default tomato leaf discoloration

a couple of my tomato plants have leaves which are dark green with yellow
around the edges. could this be a nutrient deficiency? possibly a symptom
of root rot? i have gotten excessive rain fall. i appreciate any input.

simon

Old 02-06-2003, 12:32 PM
Pat Kiewicz

Simon Stenkle said:

a couple of my tomato plants have leaves which are dark green with yellow
around the edges. could this be a nutrient deficiency? possibly a symptom
of root rot? i have gotten excessive rain fall. i appreciate any input.

Could be a nutrient deficiency caused by the excessive rainfall leaching nutrients
beyond the root zone. With root rot I'd expect wilting.

--
Pat in Plymouth MI

(attributed to Don Marti)

Old 02-06-2003, 06:44 PM
Penny Morgan

Any plant, including houseplants, will start to develop yellowing leaves
when too much water sits at the roots. It should clear up on its own once
the excessive water goes away. Give it some time and see what happens. If
the yellowing continues, it may be a nitrogen deficiency, but I wouldn't
jump to that conclusion just yet. Too much nitrogen will give you jumbo
sized green plants and no fruit.

Penny
Zone 7b - North Carolina