Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 23-06-2003, 02:56 AM
dstvns

Default Another garden bandit bagged!

On Sun, 22 Jun 2003 21:42:15 GMT, "Charles P"
wrote:

I just caught my third racoon, red-handed, this morning. The fellow had no
business in my garden. These critters have even mowed down the tops
of the okra plants. My grandson got to see a racoon for the first time.
We took a leisurely drive to the Smoky Mtns not far away, and now
this bandit has had his last free lunch at my expense. Perhaps he'll
enjoy the new scenery.

http://photos.yahoo.com/bc/cwpflanze...tos.yahoo.com/

Congratulations, they can be extremely large. My okra plants rotted
in the record-smashing rain this year, but I think I'll try again and
buy a packet tomorrow (7.2 inches so far for June alone). High temp
today (and for the past 2 months straight) was 61°F, but rest of week
is in mid-upper 80s. Either the seeds rotted, or the slug tidal wave
went through the seedlings. I shoulda grown cranberries.

Dan

Artichoke bandit. Special Agent Melvin Purvis (zone 17) Edible Gardening 0 22-03-2009 02:46 PM
Bandit Peek (1) Max Holland Garden Photos 4 10-12-2006 03:04 PM
"Bagged" phal - update Joe Orchids 1 23-10-2004 08:32 AM
Suitable bagged soil for fern Inge Jones United Kingdom 29 02-04-2004 04:19 AM
another bagged rose tale, and question about Christian Dior sub-strains torgo Roses 0 16-03-2003 09:44 PM