Old 28-08-2003, 10:12 PM
Scott

Default Could Diatomaceous Earth Prevent Gnats?

I am growing indoor hydroponic jalapeno peppers and have a problem
with mostly gnats. I need to reduce / eliminate the gnats hovering
over my potted plants.

I pot my plants in gallon pots filled with hydrocorn. I feed them
with drip feed irragtion spikes.

Would som D.E. thrown on top of the hydrocorn in the gallon pots
prevent these gnats from breeding in the clay pebbles? If so, which
kind of D.E. should be used? Horticultural or food grade?
Old 29-08-2003, 03:22 AM
Dwayne

I doubt if it will do the job for you. It kills slugs and snails by cutting
their bellies open when they crawl over it. You can even put it in your dog
or cat's food and let them eat it to get rid of worms.

Maybe someone else has had some experience with it to the contrary, and will
let you know.

Dwayne

om...