Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 21-10-2003, 01:02 AM
Mark

Default Ducks?

I'm thinking of getting half a dozen ducks.

#1 -- It would be cool (to a geek like me)

#2 -- I'm imagining that they'll help keep the bug and slug population
down in my yard/garden.

Has anyone here done this? Do they eat seedlings and other stuff
you'd rather keep in the garden? Is this, for some reason, a
phenomenally bad idea?

I have a plot of raised beds in my backyard that can easily be fenced
in, thanks to the neighbors on two sides who have chainlink fences
bordering my yard. I'm thinking of chicken wire, a kiddie pool for
them to splash around in, and a ramp up into my garden shed so they
have shelter when necessary.

I spilled the beans to my kids already, so they're running around the
house "naming" the ducks we don't even have yet. Any input would be
appreciated.

Thanks,
Mark

P.S. Gary...My second year of growing garlic is upon me. Year #1 was
a smashing success. Thanks for your help.

Ducks and ponds? Larry Ponds 9 13-06-2003 02:56 PM
Answer: Ducks, Witches, Wood and my VF liner BenignVanilla Ponds 7 03-06-2003 04:20 AM
Ducks Bushy Australia 1 05-04-2003 06:32 AM
Ducks ~ jan Ponds 10 30-03-2003 01:32 PM
Ducks or turtles in Koi Pond? Joe Blow Ponds 3 10-03-2003 09:32 PM