Old 06-04-2004, 09:13 PM
Spenser

Default Recommended online company for strawberry/raspberry plants?

Hello,

I am looking for any recommendations for online companies in the
United States from which I can purchase strawberry and raspberry
plants. Also, are there any specific places to avoid?

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks, Spenser
Old 06-04-2004, 09:13 PM
Katra

In article ,
Spenser wrote:

Hello,

I am looking for any recommendations for online companies in the
United States from which I can purchase strawberry and raspberry
plants. Also, are there any specific places to avoid?

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks, Spenser

Seriously, look on ebay for strawberries. :-)
Many sellers have great deals. Here is one example:

I'm still in the market for raspberries. I got my thornless
blackberries from ebay dealers and I have beautiful, producing vines now
(they are about 3 years old but produced the first year) but I have yet
to be successful with a single raspberry vine, and I've bought from 3
different people, including Lowe's.

What is the secret to growing a raspberry vine???

K.

--
Sprout the Mung Bean to reply...

"There are many intelligent species in the universe, and they are all owned by cats! -- Asimov

Old 06-04-2004, 09:13 PM
Pat Kiewicz

Spenser said:

Hello,

I am looking for any recommendations for online companies in the
United States from which I can purchase strawberry and raspberry
plants. Also, are there any specific places to avoid?

I got a catalog for Indiana Berry & Plant Co. (www.inberry.com) this year.
I like the catalog and the feedback at gardenwatchdog.com was
100% positive (not a huge sample, but consistant over several years).

The one deficit, in my opinion, is that they don't carry the raspberry
variety 'Polana' which is possibly the best fall-bearing variety for anyone
in Michigan (or similarly northern areas) since it is so much earlier and
more productive than the long-time standard 'Heritage.'

(attributed to Don Marti)

Old 06-04-2004, 09:13 PM
Scott

I am looking for any recommendations for online companies in the
United States from which I can purchase strawberry and raspberry
plants. Also, are there any specific places to avoid?

I have always had good luck with Nourse Farms, www.noursefarms.com, whether it
be asparagus, or strawberries, we've always gotten a great product.

Scott
Zone 5