Old 29-04-2004, 01:03 PM
PA-ter

Default Pepper plants

If I have plants ready to go in the ground (5 to 10" tall) & they
already have flower/pepper buds growing is it better to nip them off
until the things get bigger or ok to let them grow. Always heard the
plant could be stronger if you wait till its larger to allow it to
grow peppers. Thanks.
Old 30-04-2004, 01:02 PM
PA-ter

Appreciate the archival response, but none have answered my question.
Old 30-04-2004, 03:04 PM
Ross

I always cut them off. The plants need all the energy they can get
develop the root system. Flowers use up a lot of energy.

From: (PA-ter)
Newsgroups: rec.gardens.edible
Date: 30 Apr 2004 04:17:24 -0700
Subject: Pepper plants

Appreciate the archival response, but none have answered my question.

Old 01-05-2004, 05:04 AM
Steve

How many plants do you have? If you are planting out several, try
more than one way. Put out a plant or 2 without removing the buds
and enjoy the early crop. Remove the buds on the others. On a few
plants, watch for and remove any other buds that form in the first
few weeks. See what forcing the plant to get even bigger before
blooming does for the final crop.
After this year, you will have learned something and you can share
what you have learned with all of us.

Steve

Old 03-05-2004, 02:07 AM
PA-ter

Thanks, Ross, the kind of info I was searching for, had it in the back
of my brain that I'd heard this before. Thanks again.